• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARDCORE #1 from topcow/image by kirkman/silvestri

239 posts in this topic

this pilot series thing from Top Cow seems like a massive cluster......hardcore is apparently a one shot also....anyone read any of these...one shot garbage i guess.

Murderer #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Nelson Blake II (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Demonic #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Joe Benitez (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Stealth #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Sheldon Mitchell (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Stellar #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Bernard Chang (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Its kirkman its new and hes hot.. i will take my chances on this one maybe ill be dorry or naybe itll be gold.. either elway $50 for 20 of them.isnt much even if they only top #$10, jus sayin!

Once the hard core is shot into the back of your neck, an assassin's brain waves can be transmitted into your body

Guess everything that Kirkman touches doesn't turn to gold :lol:

I'm starting to have my ideas about the Kirkman phenomenon. The same ideas I have for George Lucas and George A. Romero. There were some early warning signs, like super hero variant covers on Walking Dead and Kirkman being a Liefeld fan. Now his rabid speculation base will make the first issue of anything with his name on it profitable, so there will be a bunch of new creator owned series by him. They will all last one issue. Five years from now someone will realize what's going on and then we'll be right around Episode One or Land Of The Dead. The whole thing won't unravel, people still like the original trilogy and the early Dead movies. But the golden touch will be a thing of the past.

The way "Pilot Season" works:

Top Cow releases 8 new #1 issues...fans vote, and ONE of them survives to become a full mini-series. The other 7 go nowhere. And...this is a leftover #1 originally slated for 2009 that never got published. Chances of this book seeing a #2...? Very, VERY slim. They are selling it now just to get rid of it and to capitalize on the name. I would be shocked if there is even a hint of a plan to continue past #1.

If it it's a one shot, it it's not worth it, only if it introduces a new character that it's then used in another book, i.e. Harley Quinn, but there is very few one shots that sell for anything now days, even if it is Kirkman, who really only has two smash hits, and a few duds

If it it's a one shot, it it's not worth it, only if it introduces a new character that it's then used in another book, i.e. Harley Quinn, but there is very few one shots that sell for anything now days, even if it is Kirkman, who really only has two smash hits, and a few duds

I'd say four. Invincible, walking dead, ToT, marvel zombies

this pilot series thing from Top Cow seems like a massive cluster......hardcore is apparently a one shot also....anyone read any of these...one shot garbage i guess.

Murderer #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Nelson Blake II (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Demonic #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Joe Benitez (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Stealth #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Sheldon Mitchell (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Stellar #1 (W) Robert Kirkman (A) Bernard Chang (Cov) Marc Silvestri

Were any of these released under kirkman name? :wishluck: