• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I resub this? X-Men 129...

27 posts in this topic

I saw that in the picture but not in hand so we'll see... sent it in this Tuesday and CGC already called me to verify that this was a resub and not a reholder.

I think I talked to Eric (k)... very pleasant!

Also, I did the Fast Track thing so maybe I'll know what this will grade out as by the end of next week... :wishluck:

I keep looking at this book and I'm not sure what to do.

It looks great to me but I'm curious as to what some of your opinions on this may be.

** The bright green arrow I put on the back of the book points to a mark which is actually part of the inner well within the slab **

xmen129-lrgB.jpg

xmen129bk-lrgB22.jpg

While judging from as scan is not as accurate as having the book in hand I see a little color loss on the top right corner of the front cover. I also see some minor foxing and a light dust shadow on the bottom edge of the back cover.

I could see it getting 9.6 but 9.8'would be hard with the defects listed. Is it worth the extra cost to resubmit this book?

The apparent color loss on the TRC that's been noted is a scanner reflection of the inner well... the slight foxing is not detectable in hand but I do see it in the scans so we'll see.

I'm hoping that this straight resub produces a 9.6... hey, I'm still 'learning the ropes' when it comes to this stuff! lol

I just can't see the staining (foxing) allowing this book to get a 9.6. Is that possible? It is on the bottom left back cover as well as being spotty down the spine. I, too, am learning more and more how CGC grades, but I can't see it grading higher than what it is.

From the submission tracker it looks like a 9.6 it is.

Was it worth the extra money for the .5 upgrade? I guess not but it was a learning experience!

:)