• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover recreations by excelsior1986!

29 posts in this topic

Whats a typical cover recreation go for.? Looking for a cover for a cover less copy of Hulk 1. Was wondering where to get one made. I purchased a Amazing Fantasy 15 recreation a few years ago , cant remember what I paid.

Excelsior , if ya get a chance PM me what a recreation of Hulk1 would be . Thanks.

These are drawings. Not comic book recreation covers.

The board member "Fedoraman" makes actual comic book recreation covers. You should PM him. (thumbs u

Here is a thread he started: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=202100&Number=5504096#Post5504096

Thank you for the heads up. Will do.

Whats a typical cover recreation go for.? Looking for a cover for a cover less copy of Hulk 1. Was wondering where to get one made. I purchased a Amazing Fantasy 15 recreation a few years ago , cant remember what I paid.

Excelsior , if ya get a chance PM me what a recreation of Hulk1 would be . Thanks.

The board member "Fedoraman" makes actual comic book recreation covers. You should PM him. (thumbs u

Here is a thread he started: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=202100&Number=5504096#Post5504096

Ah yeah, sorry :blush:

i guess that was a poor choice of words for my title since some people are looking for ACTUAL cover recreations which this obviously isnt.

:cloud9:

You guys are awesome. Thank you very much everyone for the comments. I really appreciate it.

Hibou- Thank you for the links. (thumbs u

There was a lot of questions so give me a minute and i will answer them all.

Thank you everyone again. I love this place. :)

Pg. 1

Sufunk- Thanks so much for starting the thread. You're a peach! lol

Mark 1- I've been wanting to do bigger pieces, i think i just get intimidated by the bigger sizes and have kinda kept at this comfortable size for awhile now. It's time for me to step out of the comfort zone though and learn new stuff.

Shellhead- Thank you very much for the comment!

Comix4fun- You're correct. I print the cover out backwards, lay a tracing paper over it and trace the general outline of the picture and text also, because like you said text can be a pain. After that i transfer the picture onto the actual paper im going to work on by rubbing the backside of the tracing paper where i traced on it and that makes it come out how its supposed to be, not backwards. After that i draw in the rest of the pic, ink it and color it.

spidrvacc, maloney414- I dont do the photocopies like the ones in the link, but if you want a recreation done by me, i can do that for you. If you want to go with the photocopy, i won't blame you, the guy does a great job. I was actually thinking of drawing up a cover for my coverless copy of J.L.A. #1 but will probably go through this guy now so no hard feelings if you do.

pc1009- Thanks for the interest. I will PM you with details.

Everyone else interested- I usually sell these for $50-$60 shipped, depending on the detail involved and how long it will take me to do it. I also cut deals if you're buying more than one. Thanks again everyone.