• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM my beater FF3

21 posts in this topic

And please stop reffering to these jewels as beaters. I prefer to call them treasures. :acclaim:

Yes, no single digit Silver Age Marvel should ever be described in any type of derogatory adjective or tone :sumo:

:foryou:

lol Right on! And in my collection since circa '69... :headbang:

Forgot to mention here as well...cover is hanging on to the top staple fairly securely but is detached from bottom staple...and split through between top and bottom staple... :(

1.2 Fair but all there.

Forgot to mention here as well...cover is hanging on to the top staple fairly securely but is detached from bottom staple...and split through between top and bottom staple... :(

1.2 Fair but all there.

Fair but all there... lol That's perfect...I'm gonna use that...

I was waffling between a 1.5 and 1.8...my grade notes...

FANTASTIC FOUR 3 G-

MAR 1962. “THE MENACE OF THE MIRACLE MAN”FANTASTIC FOUR don costumes and establish headquarters at the Baxter Building. Brief 2-page origin reprise. Introduces the Fantasti-Car (cover). Human Torch drawn with two left hands on the cover. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art.

Severe spine wear with the spine split from bottom to top staple...hanging on at the top staple...old tape bottom 2-1/2-inches of FC spine at inside FC/spine at center-spine and bottom. Diagonal crease top right corner and some a vertical CB crease through center “a” in “Fantastic” and some other random creasing and general edge wear commensurate with the grade...small piece missing bottom right corner. Back cover exhibits 5/8-inch transverse tears at center spine and lower right bottom edge...tape wrapping from FC visible at center spine and bottom spine. Small markings of red paint at center left edge and center spine...some small soil marks at top edge and a CB diagonal crease at top left corner...small creases at bottom left corner and overall general wear and fading/soiling of the white background. Overall structure is decent with the FC exhibiting near-perfect registration and alignment...book lays flat with a mild spine roll...pages exposed to view a uniform 1/4-inch at BC. Inside covers exhibit a general fading but no real tanning. “Ed Haselwood 21338 Moneta Ave. Torrance, Calif.” stamp at upper right of the splash page. Centerfold is detached at bottom staple...otherwise secure at top staple...staples are rust-free and tight.

Issue includes cut-away diagram of the Baxter Building bottom caption page 5...Johnny Storm/Human Torch Pin-Up next page...2-page Origin reprise on pp. 14-15. Pages are off-white and in generally decent shape with no issues to mention...COMPLETE!

2011 OSPG $326 in G grade.

I was waffling between a 1.5 and 1.8...my grade notes...

FANTASTIC FOUR 3 G-

MAR 1962. “THE MENACE OF THE MIRACLE MAN”FANTASTIC FOUR don costumes and establish headquarters at the Baxter Building. Brief 2-page origin reprise. Introduces the Fantasti-Car (cover). Human Torch drawn with two left hands on the cover. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art.

Severe spine wear with the spine split from bottom to top staple...hanging on at the top staple...old tape bottom 2-1/2-inches of FC spine at inside FC/spine at center-spine and bottom. Diagonal crease top right corner and some a vertical CB crease through center “a” in “Fantastic” and some other random creasing and general edge wear commensurate with the grade...small piece missing bottom right corner. Back cover exhibits 5/8-inch transverse tears at center spine and lower right bottom edge...tape wrapping from FC visible at center spine and bottom spine. Small markings of red paint at center left edge and center spine...some small soil marks at top edge and a CB diagonal crease at top left corner...small creases at bottom left corner and overall general wear and fading/soiling of the white background. Overall structure is decent with the FC exhibiting near-perfect registration and alignment...book lays flat with a mild spine roll...pages exposed to view a uniform 1/4-inch at BC. Inside covers exhibit a general fading but no real tanning. “Ed Haselwood 21338 Moneta Ave. Torrance, Calif.” stamp at upper right of the splash page. Centerfold is detached at bottom staple...otherwise secure at top staple...staples are rust-free and tight.

Issue includes cut-away diagram of the Baxter Building bottom caption page 5...Johnny Storm/Human Torch Pin-Up next page...2-page Origin reprise on pp. 14-15. Pages are off-white and in generally decent shape with no issues to mention...COMPLETE!

2011 OSPG $326 in G grade.

Wow those are grader's notes worth paying for! (worship)

And please stop reffering to these jewels as beaters. I prefer to call them treasures. :acclaim:

+ 1....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u