• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM my beater FF4

23 posts in this topic

My grade notes...

FANTASTIC FOUR 4 G-

MAY 1962. “THE COMING OF THE SUB-MARINER!” First Silver Age appearance of the Sub-Mariner (Prince Namor). Sub-Mariner cover. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art.

Plenty of wear and tear on this well-loved early SA Key. Color loss (paper pulls) upper right and along the right edge due to the book sticking to another book and loss of surface material...wait’ll ya see the back cover. 3/4-inch transverse tear right edge at the Things left hand and similar length tear at top edge in between the E and A in “GREATEST”. 1/2-inch spine splits at top and bottom spine...cover is completely separated from book but intact...splits and small staple tears at both staples...old tape at staples/inside cover (put there before I owned the book circa late ‘60s). Otherwise spine is in pretty presentable shape. Front cover exhibits plenty of NCB creasing most prominent at upper left and lower right...other general wear commensurate with the grade. 1/16-inch overhang at top both FC and BC with little transverse tears typical of this condition. Back cover has tanning and discoloration at top edge and around the perimeter corresponding with heavy tanning on the inside front and back covers. 3/4-inch transverse tear at left edge to the left of Al Dorne’s right elbow...2-inch transverse crease at center left edge...large areas of paper pull/loss and a partial transferred image from another comic that was stuck to this one at some point in time...looks like Lois Lane (anyone identify this issue?). Fairly severe overall NCB wrinkling and creasing...teeny little stain lower left edge. Overall structure is solid (the separated cover notwithstanding)...perfect registration/centering...book lays flat...tight rust-free staples holding all the pages and centerfold secure...perfectly centered. Issue contains Fantastic 4 Fan Page Letters (1 page). Teaser ads at bottom of page 2 “The Hulk Is Coming!”...top of page 3 “Who Is The Hulk??”...bottom of page 7 “What Is The Hulk??”...top of page 8”You’ve Never Seen Anyone Like The Hulk!”...top of page 15 “Who Is The Hulk??”...also bottom of page 17...bottom of Pin-Up Page...and top of pages 20 and 23. Mister Fantastic Pin-Up Page between Chapters 4 and 5. Pages are off-white and in generally great shape with no issues to mention...COMPLETE!

2011 OSPG $352 in G grade

Do I have to pay you $5 cause i read that?

My grade notes...

FANTASTIC FOUR 4 G-

MAY 1962. “THE COMING OF THE SUB-MARINER!” First Silver Age appearance of the Sub-Mariner (Prince Namor). Sub-Mariner cover. Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art.

Plenty of wear and tear on this well-loved early SA Key. Color loss (paper pulls) upper right and along the right edge due to the book sticking to another book and loss of surface material...wait’ll ya see the back cover. 3/4-inch transverse tear right edge at the Things left hand and similar length tear at top edge in between the E and A in “GREATEST”. 1/2-inch spine splits at top and bottom spine...cover is completely separated from book but intact...splits and small staple tears at both staples...old tape at staples/inside cover (put there before I owned the book circa late ‘60s). Otherwise spine is in pretty presentable shape. Front cover exhibits plenty of NCB creasing most prominent at upper left and lower right...other general wear commensurate with the grade. 1/16-inch overhang at top both FC and BC with little transverse tears typical of this condition. Back cover has tanning and discoloration at top edge and around the perimeter corresponding with heavy tanning on the inside front and back covers. 3/4-inch transverse tear at left edge to the left of Al Dorne’s right elbow...2-inch transverse crease at center left edge...large areas of paper pull/loss and a partial transferred image from another comic that was stuck to this one at some point in time...looks like Lois Lane (anyone identify this issue?). Fairly severe overall NCB wrinkling and creasing...teeny little stain lower left edge. Overall structure is solid (the separated cover notwithstanding)...perfect registration/centering...book lays flat...tight rust-free staples holding all the pages and centerfold secure...perfectly centered. Issue contains Fantastic 4 Fan Page Letters (1 page). Teaser ads at bottom of page 2 “The Hulk Is Coming!”...top of page 3 “Who Is The Hulk??”...bottom of page 7 “What Is The Hulk??”...top of page 8”You’ve Never Seen Anyone Like The Hulk!”...top of page 15 “Who Is The Hulk??”...also bottom of page 17...bottom of Pin-Up Page...and top of pages 20 and 23. Mister Fantastic Pin-Up Page between Chapters 4 and 5. Pages are off-white and in generally great shape with no issues to mention...COMPLETE!

2011 OSPG $352 in G grade

and now Im obsessed with figuring out the cover transfer. its not Lois Lane... trying Adventure Comics now...

The comic on the back is superman' girlfriend Lois lane annual #1

IMG_9082.jpg

:acclaim:

That is AWESOME! I remember that book...we read DCs, Dells, Richie Rich's, 4-colors, you name it as a kid...anything we could get our hands on before I ultimately gravitated toward the Marvel Universe...

I'll send you a PM and we'll work out the prize...

t

The comic on the back is superman' girlfriend Lois lane annual #1

:acclaim:

That is AWESOME! I remember that book...we read DCs, Dells, Richie Rich's, 4-colors, you name it as a kid...anything we could get our hands on before I ultimately gravitated toward the Marvel Universe...

I'll send you a PM and we'll work out the prize...

t

A DC book...

I didn't stand a chance at identifying that.

lol