• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anti-avengers thread...

58 posts in this topic

Thanos is too much for the Avengers as now grouped. To make the next story work, they will have to bring in another hero. Adam Warlock, or whomever. But the Avengers as now constituted, are just way outclassed, to give Thanos a tough time.

Cap, Hawkeye and the Black Widow have no business in a battle with Thanos. At least the Thanos we are used to. Superman might helop, but I don't think Superman and the Avengers like each other too much. You never hear of them doing things together. :)

It's too bad Galactus was shown in the Fantastic Four movie as a nebulous being instead of being personified as he is in the comics.

There's something innately frightening about the term "The Devourer"

Speaking of Frightening, The Frighteners was on again the other night, man I love that movie!

Whatever happened to Jake Bussey? He'd be a good comic movie villain.

Speaking of comic movies, one of the Epix channels was showing Thor and Captain America today and also showing the Stan Lee documentary. Stan had some nice things to say about Kirby in that. The documentary finished at Stan's house with his wife and he said, "I've been trying to impress this woman for 60 years. It hasn't worked."

:)

Loki was abviously a fail... so

Give me a team of supervillains that could go toe to toe with the avengers... Human sized, not like galactus...

Korvac

Kang

Molecule Man

Speaking of Frightening, The Frighteners was on again the other night, man I love that movie!

Whatever happened to Jake Bussey? He'd be a good comic movie villain.

+1

:)

Hawkeye sucked without his mask.
Only because you asked him to take it off...., :blush:

The Avengers should have called in a few other Marvel heroes that lived in New York..... :whistle:

For the films Villain and the spearhead of an attack on Earth, I also thought Loki was getting slapped about by everyone a bit too much, so much so that even Joey Barton was getting an elbow in.

The Avengers should have called in a few other Marvel heroes that lived in New York..... :whistle:

For the films Villain and the spearhear of an attack on Earth, I also thought Loki was getting slapped about by everyone a bit too much, so much so that even Joey Barton was getting an elbow in.

You'll confuse our American friends with that last sentence.

Thanos is too much for the Avengers as now grouped. To make the next story work, they will have to bring in another hero. Adam Warlock, or whomever. But the Avengers as now constituted, are just way outclassed, to give Thanos a tough time.

Cap, Hawkeye and the Black Widow have no business in a battle with Thanos. At least the Thanos we are used to.

I think Thor can handle Thanos by himself in a street fight. Hulk, too. The problem is when Thanos has The Cosmic Cube, or The Infinity Gauntlet, or The Cask of Ancient Winters, etc. And he always seems to get hold of something like that. Along with a very nasty plan. Should be fun.

That would have been as silly as Cap's costume.

People will hate you for this post.

Let me start off by saying that the Avengers is one of the greatest super-hero movies of all time!

Only thing I didn’t like about the Avengers movie was that the climactic battle scene was for the most part against a nameless and faceless horde of monster aliens.

I would have preferred the Avengers to take on a super-villain team like The Wrecking Crew, Masters of Evil or the Squadron Sinister - all under Loki's control.

Loki's a great villain, but he shouldnt have to carry all the bad-guy chores!

Let me start off by saying that the Avengers is one of the greatest super-hero movies of all time!

Only thing I didn’t like about the Avengers movie was that the climactic battle scene was for the most part against a nameless and faceless horde of monster aliens.

I would have preferred the Avengers to take on a super-villain team like The Wrecking Crew, Masters of Evil or the Squadron Sinister - all under Loki's control.

Loki's a great villain, but he shouldnt have to carry all the bad-guy chores!

It was kind of nice that a god known for trickery didn't even realize he was just a dupe. That really puts Thanos' puppetmaster skills at a higher level. Plus, the faceless aliens allowed us to see the amazing visuals of Hulk smashing every alien in sight.

That would have been as silly as Cap's costume.

People will hate you for this post.

To hate is to love.

And yet you get neither.

Cause you done took it all.