• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1 scam on ebay!

125 posts in this topic

File charges...that's the only way to make him go away. The next time he makes a threat, file with the police and the FBI, there is an internet unit.

Hopefully, they will put him somewhere were he will get the help he obviously needs.

lmfao, fbi? how many murders take place a week on the east side of Cleveland?

no fbi involved just local cops. I'm sure no one would miss mike accept maybe a few board members and his family. Big deal

Don't worry since he got into my business now I'm motivated to take him down.

:blahblah:

Why did my post from earlier get deleted? (tsk)

All I did was post about the sale of his Batman #1 (back in Jan) and the connection to the user ken0016. It's even in Google's search - what's the deal??

Any elaboration on this? This user contacted me via cold-call PM months ago about buying a Batman #1 (sent me the same pic). Called my LCS asking about me and all that. It was very weird.

All I did was post about the sale of his Batman #1 (back in Jan) and the connection to the user ken0016. It's even in Google's search - what's the deal??

Any elaboration on this? This user contacted me via cold-call PM months ago about buying a Batman #1 (sent me the same pic). Called my LCS asking about me and all that. It was very weird.

That book which alias ken0016 attempted to sell in January, and recently on eBay (auction Mike posted a warning about in this very thread) are the exact same scam-bait that was used 4 years ago to lure boardie Vtcomics to purchase an empty box with bubble-wrap in the amount of 5K (IIRC).

Can you clarify/elaborate on what happened in your situation? Were you a buyer/seller of a Batman 1 and who was it that contacted you?

Called my LCS asking about me and all that.

I don't understand this part.

Why would he do that? How would he know your LCS? What was he asking?

That book which alias ken0016 attempted to sell in January, and recently on eBay (auction Mike posted a warning about in this very thread) are the exact same scam-bait that was used 4 years ago to lure boardie Vtcomics to purchase an empty box with bubble-wrap in the amount of 5K (IIRC).

Can you clarify/elaborate on what happened in your situation? Were you a buyer/seller of a Batman 1 and who was it that contacted you?

That Ken0016 person contacted me - and I thought it was weird because I wasn't into Batman, nor do I post about Batman or DC comics at all. Immediately, I thought it was a scam, so I was messing around with him for a few days, saying things like I would go to the bank as soon as my brother's animal sodomy trial was over, that I live in Montana and don't own a car and need to ride a donkey to town, and making him take pictures of that Batman book with a sign that says "I LIKE BALLS" over it to prove it was real, etc. It was actually kind of fun.

Then the guy calls my LCS asking about me - or Dr. Balls, rather - and it went from funny to embarrassing. I wasn't interested in having some plnhead call around asking if I make enough money to buy a Batman #1. At that point, I realized something very fishy was going on - so I emailed the guy, told him I was screwing with him, etc. I apologized (in case it wasn't a scam) and we parted ways.

I sure wish I'd kept those PMs. The 'I LIKE BALLS' graphic would have been hilarious to post.

Called my LCS asking about me and all that.

I don't understand this part.

Why would he do that? How would he know your LCS? What was he asking?

I'm not hard to find, and there's only one LCS in this whole dirtball town I live in. He was calling to see if I had the funds/ability to buy a Batman #1.

That Ken0016 person contacted me - and I thought it was weird because I wasn't into Batman, nor do I post about Batman or DC comics at all. Immediately, I thought it was a scam, so I was messing around with him for a few days, saying things like I would go to the bank as soon as my brother's animal sodomy trial was over, that I live in Montana and don't own a car and need to ride a donkey to town, and making him take pictures of that Batman book with a sign that says "I LIKE BALLS" over it to prove it was real, etc. It was actually kind of fun.

Then the guy calls my LCS asking about me - or Dr. Balls, rather - and it went from funny to embarrassing. I wasn't interested in having some plnhead call around asking if I make enough money to buy a Batman #1. At that point, I realized something very fishy was going on - so I emailed the guy, told him I was screwing with him, etc. I apologized (in case it wasn't a scam) and we parted ways.

I sure wish I'd kept those PMs. The 'I LIKE BALLS' graphic would have been hilarious to post.

making him take pictures of that Batman book with a sign that says "I LIKE BALLS" over it to prove it was real, etc

Serious?

lol

making him take pictures of that Batman book with a sign that says "I LIKE BALLS" over it to prove it was real, etc

Serious?

lol

God, I hope so.

Almost like those guys that string out the Nigerian scammers.

Serious?

lol

Oh yeah, absolutely. I had it going for about four days - it was very entertaining. Well, at least for me. My LCS and I laughed about it because that Ken0016 was asking him about the bizarre things I was saying.

I told him that I couldn't pay in cash, but in wampum - because I live in a heavy Native American area and that is how we deal in commerce. Man, I was laying it on pretty thick.

Serious?

lol

God, I hope so.

Almost like those guys that string out the Nigerian scammers.

That's where I got the idea! Those sites are hilarious.

Serious?

lol

Oh yeah, absolutely. I had it going for about four days - it was very entertaining. Well, at least for me. My LCS and I laughed about it because that Ken0016 was asking him about the bizarre things I was saying.

I told him that I couldn't pay in cash, but in wampum - because I live in a heavy Native American area and that is how we deal in commerce. Man, I was laying it on pretty thick.

And you didn't save the PM's/emails?

Epic Fail!!!! You need another 1 week vacation. :baiting:

What's this guys deal with wanting to meet everybody. He must have something really important to prove to himself. Id like to see him come out to CA and try to "meet up" with someone like that. They'd put about 3 or 4 bullets in his chest, thank him, bid him good day and walk off as if nothing happened. And if he keeps this up I'm sure that is what will happen. I can't wait to her the newscast. "Today at noon, skinny pale kid shot to death after people off online and then wanting to meet up."

lol

And you didn't save the PM's/emails?

Epic Fail!!!! You need another 1 week vacation. :baiting:

Man, I know - I'm really regretting it now. I'm a total neat freak when it comes to my inbox, and I get rid of anything unrelated to deals or people I like. doh!

"Today at noon, skinny pale kid shot to death after people off online and then wanting to meet up."

NASTY LANGUAGE IN THAT VIDEO, BTW. Do not click if you are sensitive to naughty words.

There was another boardie here who was contacted very similarly, and which I linked in that same post that was deleted.

Arch, if you are reading this.

I understand how bringing this out could spur you to think it will only feed into the attention starved disorder of this individual, but you are also erasing a great wealth of information about this persons scamming history.

In the future, consider the watch out element of the post before you pull it.

"Today at noon, skinny pale kid shot to death after people off online and then wanting to meet up."

NASTY LANGUAGE IN THAT VIDEO, BTW. Do not click if you are sensitive to naughty words.

lol

Holy mess, that's probably exactly what it would be like too.

Serious?

lol

lol

Sounds like Harold might be one brick shy of a full load.

lol

Sounds like Harold might be one brick shy of a full load.

Might be. The things I was telling him were pretty outlandish. I'm not sure if he believed them, or was thinking that somehow I'd end up buying the Batman #1 or what. But it sounds like he was probably targeting people who were not in the know about his previous scams (since I signed up in 2011)