• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well it took 11 (or 12) submissions but it happened...

12 posts in this topic

Thanks Mike, I submitted these two together so I'm not that depressed on the Sensation 38.

Besides, the green label only enhances the Christmas theme... :insane:

Happens to the best of us. Happened to me twice. Once on a Cap 12 where I missed the last page, (an ad page) was missing. And recently on a Sgt Fury 1, where an internal ad page was missing. I realllllly need to start counting pages. :blush: Congrats on the Action!

My first returned GLOD. :(

I submitted this copy and didn't notice the missing page or do the page count!

0021853_o002.jpg

And yes, lesson learned but there was a nice silver gold lining to this...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5680972&fpart=1

:banana:

Not exactly sure, how the GLOD works, but I assume this is the actual grade exclusive of the missing page(s). If you wanted the book with a blue label, I assume it would have been graded as a 0.5 Incomplete. Am I right with my assumptions here?

It seems the PLOD can result in a book being worth as low as 10% of its unrestored value in the same condition. What is the approximate hit that a GLOD book would normally have to take in comparison to an unrestored copy in the same equivalent grade?

BTW: What was CGC smoking when they gave a 7.0 on the Superman book? lol