• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers Annual #7 major Thanos return.... potential for CGC?

14 posts in this topic

Avengers Annual #7 Thanos returns purchased from my LCS at a very fair price pages are off white, no tears, spine is sound.

front

29z7fc.jpg

back

2w7el41.jpg

spine

w0lyip.jpg

what do you guys think.. get it graded now and hold on to it?

hm

Is this pressable for that slight crease on the upper right?

I've seen a lot of GSXM #1's pressed :idea:

Doesn't look like a press would help since it breaks color (thumbs u

Definitely nice but they KILL you for those creases. My SS4 is very similar with a little bigger crease and got an 8.5 so i'd say you're in that range. I dont know if you can get a 9.0 with a crease that size so i'd say 8.5 or at best 9.0.

I don't think it is worth slabbing...i think 8.0 but you might get lucky with 8.5 since the rest of that book is very sharp.

no way on pressing and that top right corner crease.

I don't think it is worth slabbing...i think 8.0 but you might get lucky with 8.5 since the rest of that book is very sharp.

Hey, is it even possible to get a 9.0 with a crease that size? If the book was a slam dunk 9.8 but with that crease, what would it get? Still max 8.5?

Let me ask my investment is $15. This should be one of the major books to spike. Is it worth it for a 8.5/9.0. By the way the crease is not visable on the other side of the front page. In hand you can barely see it as well......

Let me ask my investment is $15. This should be one of the major books to spike. Is it worth it for a 8.5/9.0. By the way the crease is not visable on the other side of the front page. In hand you can barely see it as well......

I dont think its worth slabbing personally. Fairly recent GPA for a 9.6 is only like $100ish, 9.2 is $50ish. With what its gonna cost you for slabbing and postage, its gonna have to be a pretty big spike to make it worth while for a 8.0-8.5 imo (shrug)

Hey, is it even possible to get a 9.0 with a crease that size? If the book was a slam dunk 9.8 but with that crease, what would it get? Still max 8.5?

I don't think I have ever seen a 9.0 slab with a corner crease 1" or larger...however how light the color broken crease.

I had an X-men 1 9.0 with a gorgeous spine and perfect back cover...there is a light crease that broke color about 1/3 to 1/2 ".

I sold it long ago but there is a scan of it in my X-men #1 club thread. based on that and many other 9.0 that I examined...I stick to my guess that this won't go higher than 8,5

I don't think I have ever seen a 9.0 slab with a corner crease 1" or larger...however how light the color broken crease.

I had an X-men 1 9.0 with a gorgeous spine and perfect back cover...there is a light crease that broke color about 1/3 to 1/2 ".

I sold it long ago but there is a scan of it in my X-men #1 club thread. based on that and many other 9.0 that I examined...I stick to my guess that this won't go higher than 8,5

I think you are right also from what i've seen but wanted to know for sure. Creases are one of my BIG no nos on a book so i dont have a lot of experience with what grades they would get so just wanted to clarify. I was pretty sure 8.5 would be the max but wasnt positive (thumbs u

for decades, I had 3 in the 9.4 to 9.6 range. I think I sold 2 of them last year for $10 to $15...I know I have one left..need to dig it out to see if it is sub worthy.