• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a difference a couple months makes on Thanos prices

150 posts in this topic

My brother has the best one. He hated comics but always loved Thanos. Billy Dinh did Thanos holding up the Infinity Gauntlet. It is so rad. I will get a pic of it the next time I am at my bother's place.

Definitely want to see that. PM me when you get a pic.

I disagree and see Thanos as the number one villian in all of comic book history,while Wolverine has lost popularity over the years just like

Chris Claremont and John Byrne have. In other words Wolverine`s best days are behind him,while for Thanos the skys the limit.

In all comic book history? I can't take your post seriously after reading that.

Then name the other so called kings to the throne?

hm

Joker

I am ready.

IMG00721-20120111-2006.jpg

I bought that book off the stands when it came out. :headbang:

Post a Darkhawk 1 and make me really jealous.

I am ready.

IMG00721-20120111-2006.jpg

I bought that book off the stands when it came out. :headbang:

Post a Darkhawk 1 and make me really jealous.

:baiting: And THESE aren't the books you resent?

You should look at asking prices for IM 55 :o

only slightly more shocking than the actual sales prices!

ebya sales this week:

CGC 9.6 = $1625, $1782, $2000 (and that was a BIN best offer)

CGC 9.4 double cover $2555

CGC 9.0 = $633, $755

CGC 9.2 = $875, $860

:o

I know of 3 raw sales in the past week by dealers on eBay for crazy money.

Raw 4.0, $275

Raw 7.0, $500

Raw 7.5, $550

A month ago all 3 book could have been had for under $300.

I disagree and see Thanos as the number one villian in all of comic book history,while Wolverine has lost popularity over the years just like

Chris Claremont and John Byrne have. In other words Wolverine`s best days are behind him,while for Thanos the skys the limit.

hm

Joker

I think Joker is a great example - they seem to figure out how to effectively use him over and over again.

I also think ol Magneto is up there, too - but there was always something missing from his character. And man, they used him a lot for decades - he's a mega-villain IMHO. But, with all his feelings and depth - he just didn't resonate as much with people.

Perhaps it's the persecution factor that the majority of people couldn't relate with. Everyone can relate with Mutants and their persecution, but it's a whole different level with Jewish/Holocaust persecution - that's not something people go "Oh, yeah - I can relate with him being in the concentration camps." That may have kept him at a distance with readers.

Darkhawk was kinda cool, and the first couple of issues were hot at the time.

I was there, and anytime you have to use the word, "kinda" as part of your argument, you've already lost. :baiting:

(hug)

I worked at a comic shop when it came out and I recall that the owner as well as a few other people who bought the book were reeeeeeeeeeeally trying to tell everyone how awesome it was.

Looking back, that may have been one of the first times I said to myself "I think Marvel is just putting out these crappy #1s to make money".

I was there, and anytime you have to use the word, "kinda" as part of your argument, you've already lost. :baiting:

(hug)

I actually hesitated before adding "kinda" to the sentence, so you got me. lol

I worked at a comic shop when it came out and I recall that the owner as well as a few other people who bought the book were reeeeeeeeeeeally trying to tell everyone how awesome it was.

Looking back, that may have been one of the first times I said to myself "I think Marvel is just putting out these crappy #1s to make money".

I wasn't even a teenager when that book came out; never read it as an adult, so grain of salt.

(hug)

I actually hesitated before adding "kinda" to the sentence, so you got me. lol

:whee:

hm

Remember you said Comic Book History not Marvel History:

Joker

Magneto

Dr.Doom

Lex Luthor

Green Goblin

Venom

Kingpin

Darkseid

Doomsday

Galactus

Doc Ock

Thanos

Sabretooth

Ra's al Ghul

Apocalypse

He does not break my top-10.

hm

Remember you said Comic Book History not Marvel History:

Joker

Magneto

Dr.Doom

Lex Luthor

Green Goblin

Venom

Kingpin

Darkseid

Doomsday

Galactus

Doc Ock

Thanos

Sabretooth

Ra's al Ghul

Apocalypse

He does not break my top-10.

All good choices,and each and everyone would make for a good strong argument, but none could take on and destroy the entire Marvel Universe like Thanos can. Thanos is a grandeur villian on an epic complicated scale!

Before anybody says Galactus, remember he was in the FF 2 movie, and didn`t create the kind of buzz Thanos has. Thanos is above even him.

Long live Thanos the king of all superhero villians!

thanos-350a-jpg_195703.jpg