• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Man 55

10 posts in this topic

Book has an ink smear on the 20 cent price box and on the back top near the spine.

I have no idea if a dry cleaning pad (where can I get one) would work.

What would this grade out to be exactly.

It also has a Diamond insert in the middle of the book.

img007.jpg

img008.jpg

img010.jpg

img009.jpg

I can make one suggestion. The way you are opening the book to scan it is doing damage. You can see the stress you are causing around the staple area.

You cannot erase the ink off. It is in the paper fibers and not sitting on top.

The water damage and crease on the front cover put this in the 6.0 range.

Do you guys think all the ink is some crazy distribution ink? On purpose or if it spilled when they were spraying the edges? Its kind of hard to see the spine clearly but I am feeling like it could still be an 8.0 if not for the water damage. I'll go with Joey in the 6.0 range.

Thanks for the info. I just picked it up today and trying to figure out what to do about it. Thinking about sending pics to Matt Nelson and see what he thinks. (thumbs u

If I were you, I'd save my money sending it to Matt. Joey just told you what He thinks and IMO Matt had NOTHING on Joey (thumbs u

Thanks for the info. I just picked it up today and trying to figure out what to do about it. (thumbs u

Let me save you some money. Is is ink from a distributor. Not all were sprayed on, some were brushed to save time. This book may have been on the bottom of the pile and the excess ink pooled above and below it.

Dry cleaning will not help remove the ink.

Pressing will not help remove the ink.

CGC will downgrade for the ink, thats a given.

Should you slab it? All depends on what you paid for it and if you plan on selling.