• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Convention season and selling on Ebay

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Simple question for all you guys that maybe alot of you are also wondering about.

Summer is just about here and there are alot of great comic cons coming up. Personally I will be heading to San Diego and Chicago. So, I'm selling some books on Ebay and I have stopped buying almost completely in order to put the money I make on the sales towards those two big cons. I'm just wondering how many others of you have also put a halt on buying in order to put your money towards the big summer cons also. I don't want to list my best books on Ebay if a large number of potential bidders are holding off right now. I'm thinking that after this week to just start listing my inexpensive $5 - $25 books rather than the ones in the $$ hundreds that may have less buyers at this time.

So simply put, are you putting a hold on buying online through the summer in order to put your money to work at the cons or are you buying as usual? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks-----Sid

Basically I dont change my buying habits before a convention. Over the past year and a half, even though I enjoy going to conventions, I have been buying a lot less books at conventions as they seem to be overpiced compared to ebay, at least in terms of the books Ive been looking for. Hopefully I'll find something at SD though.

Business as usual here. Have slowed on CGC buying lately, mostly due to lack of funds. I'll also be listing $5-$25 books on Ebay this summer. As for the big cons, while you see some great material I've always been partial to smaller shows in the Northeast such as Bedford NH, Portland ME, Portsmouth NH, and some Mass. shows where I seem to have pretty good luck from not competing with throngs of knowledgable comic collectors looking for that same hidden gem. If I can swing it I'll hit one or two of the bigger shows in NYC. Come to think of it, if there's anything good in the Montreal/Quebec area that catches my eye I may give it a try.

CRC

Basically I dont change my buying habits before a convention. Over the past year and a half, even though I enjoy going to conventions, I have been buying a lot less books at conventions as they seem to be overpiced compared to ebay, at least in terms of the books Ive been looking for. Hopefully I'll find something at SD though.

There are some good high grade dealers going - like Blazing Bob, Ted from Superworld, etc.

But when i went last year - ther really wasn't as much as I thought there would be - and prices were kinda silly. Of course you can get some deals...but I wouldn't hold my breath. just follow Greggy around and then mug him when he goes to the bathroom.

There are some good high grade dealers going - like Blazing Bob, Ted from Superworld, etc.

But when i went last year - ther really wasn't as much as I thought there would be - and prices were kinda silly. Of course you can get some deals...but I wouldn't hold my breath. just follow Greggy around and then mug him when he goes to the bathroom.

acclaim.gif

acclaim.gif

plaq4b.jpg

acclaim.gif

plaq4b.jpg

shocked.gif893naughty-thumb.gif