• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredible Hulk #340

44 posts in this topic

I obviously have a fascination with this issue because of the cover. Checking GPAnalysis, I saw that there's a "Golden State" and "Quadruple Cover." Has anyone seen these? And how rare is the Quadruple Cover that it costs $1500? Any boardies own these grails? Who also owns that copy that's signed by everyone including Jesus Christ?

So I know who to stalk.

I'm going to have to go out on a limb here, and say that the quadruple cover is a one of a kind item. That, and it's a popular cover (as you know), which I'm assuming makes it so expensive. It's hard to price something like that. Whether or not it's worth $1500... I guess it depends on how much someone wants it.

My memory is suspect at times, but I thought there were pictures of that multi-sig book on these boards years ago. It had everyone from the comic talents involved with both characters to the actor(s) that have portrayed them on the big screen. Am I alone in this thought? Might have been in the Signature Room?

This just might be an unhealthy obsession. Are you missing something in your life?

:jokealert: Just kidding your rocking the 340 like nobody's business. :headbang:

This guy is a witness to the first purchase that started it all.

I actually scored me a fiancé since starting this collection, and she's better than any CGC SS 10 Mint. And the guys at the CGC booth at Wondercon asked how a comic collector like me end up with such a beautiful woman.

This just might be an unhealthy obsession. Are you missing something in your life?

:jokealert: Just kidding your rocking the 340 like nobody's business. :headbang:

I actually scored me a fiancé since starting this collection, and she's better than any CGC SS 10 Mint. And the guys at the CGC booth at Wondercon asked how a comic collector like me end up with such a beautiful woman.

Congrats,she's a keeper to put up with the king of the IH 340. :applause:

King of IH340. I like that.

Hey if I see you at SDCC, I'll intro my girl to you and your briefcase, and whatever treasure you have in it.

King of IH340. I like that.

Hey if I see you at SDCC, I'll intro my girl to you and your briefcase, and whatever treasure you have in it.

You got it! I'll be at GAtors/Ricks table first thing Saturday morning picking up my Journey into Mystery 83. :whee: Hope to see you there. (thumbs u

Thanks for the link.

Now I have an even tougher to find and more expensive grails:

-Desert Wind's 9.6 signed by everyone that matters in that comic, including Jesus Christ (His sig can only be seen by true believers)

-That 9.8 SS mentioned in GPAnalysis, highest grade with the most SS

-Quadruple Cover, pending what the hell exactly it is Eh, a slabbed copy means I can't see the 3 other covers hahaha

With that mentioned, I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cry for not having any of these 3 comics.

Whoah. Thanks for the link. Eh. It doesn't look any different from here. Scratch that off my list then. GPA is $1,500. Seller wants $15,000. Unless he accidentally added an extra zero, no one is gonna buy that. I hope the guys at Christie's or Heritage Auction House don't laugh at him.