• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Raw Nerve thread: pre-slab fab copies and predictions...

9 posts in this topic

This thread is for ungraded upper mid & high grades with speculations on where they might end up if and when graded by CGC.

I'll start things off with these three puppies...

img_HumanTorch16_167-1.jpg

img_TheThing14_163-1.jpg

img_PlasticMan1_162-1.jpg

Don't be shy, and please add raw scans of your own pre-slab favorites. :banana:

This thread is for ungraded upper mid & high grades with speculations on where they might end up if and when graded by CGC.

img_HumanTorch16_167-1.jpg

I believe you have a "D" Copy there, yes?

What's the PQ like? My impression: The cover looks 9.0 or thereabouts from the scan.

The only caveat, Foxes are notorious for dicy page quality (especially after Victor Fox bought his own pulp paper mill and started using the lowest grade pulp paper he could purchase). Late era Foxes are rare in high grade, so that's a very nice copy.

BTW, thanks for joining in! (thumbs u

What's the PQ like?

That, kind sir, is a good question. In the 90s I recall having some glossy pocket sized card (OWL card?) that you could hold next to the paper and see which matched. The card is long gone, so how does one check these days?

img_PlasticMan1_162-1.jpg

Don't be shy, and please add raw scans of your own pre-slab favorites. :banana:

:o Wow! Nice book!

:takeit:

Thanks, RF! The PQ is very nice on this one too. Picked this honey up last year from Metro where it had been consigned by it's prior owner; raw graded 9.0 which looks conservative to me (given current grading standards).

Not interested in selling, but if I ever decided to part with this Quality key, I'd probably PM interested boardies before making any arrangements with the usual suspects.

I think it‘s hard to judge from low-resolution scans in high grades.

You really can’t see creases, for example.

For this purpose it could be better to have high-res scans posted as thumbnails (I think some image hosting sites offer this option). :)