• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragoncon - C.G.C.

59 posts in this topic

Peter Palmer has been a facilitator at this show for years and Desert Wind was there last year as well. Even if CGC doesn't set up a booth you still can probably get some books SS'd if that is what you are looking for :thumbsup:

Peter Palmer has been a facilitator at this show for years and Desert Wind was there last year as well. Even if CGC doesn't set up a booth you still can probably get some books SS'd if that is what you are looking for :thumbsup:

Adam (Peter Palmer) got some fantastic celebrity sigs that were a gift for my wife a couple of years back - I can heartily recommend his services if you need stuff done at Dragon Con :applause:

for some reason I though CGC was going to be there. I'd love to know for sure cause I was hoping to do some drop-offs along with my SS submissions (which sound like they can happen regardless of CGC being onsite)... hnnnn

He's been going the last couple of years since they added the costume contest that was originally based on his characters. Different from the masquerade and the other contests. There's like a dozen now....

for some reason I though CGC was going to be there. I'd love to know for sure cause I was hoping to do some drop-offs along with my SS submissions (which sound like they can happen regardless of CGC being onsite)... hnnnn

There are a couple of people that are talking about being a CAW for the show but I will let them make their presence known when they settle in on their plans but it is unlikely that CGC will have a booth. They have not in years past.

I am 99 % sure Stan Lee will be making it to the guest list this year.

Surprised he hasnt been announced yet. He was there last year, so I figured he'd pass this year... but maybe...

Well, there is a list at Froggys Photos website and he is on the list, but that could be wrong. The guest list for DC this year is kinda weak. Starlin, Wrightson and Don Rosa are the only people i am looking forward to.

Comics are such a small part of the DC experience. But you cant fault them, i can remember being one of only 30 persons or so at some of the panels they had with A list Guests. I can recall being in room's that have 40 - 50 capacity with Jhonen Vasquez, Judd Winnick,Paul Dini etc.... with empty seats. But if you want sketches from the listed Guest's they do have plenty of time for you.

Comics are such a small part of the DC experience. But you cant fault them, i can remember being one of only 30 persons or so at some of the panels they had with A list Guests. I can recall being in room's that have 40 - 50 capacity with Jhonen Vasquez, Judd Winnick,Paul Dini etc.... with empty seats. But if you want sketches from the listed Guest's they do have plenty of time for you.

Shhh! Don't give away my secret!

With how the events fall this year I wont be able to attend Dragon*Con (all my money will be focused on GenCon) was hopping some facilitators would start dropping hints about taking requests on what they can handle so items can be mailed off soon.