• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad to see a Walking Dead #1 ruined like this.

19 posts in this topic

You notice how the guy is trying to convince everyone in the listing that the signatures are authentic? If it was a cgc SS he wouldn't have to do that. It's not worth saving money and going to PGX :screwy:

+1 That was my first thought as well.

You notice how the guy is trying to convince everyone in the listing that the signatures are authentic? If it was a cgc SS he wouldn't have to do that. It's not worth saving money and going to PGX :screwy:

+1 That was my first thought as well.

And he's not saving anyway... With all the WD books he has listed I'm willing to bet he'll drops a few hundred bucks

Exactly, was it really worth saving what, an extra $15-25 to grade a hot as hell book?

Seriously he could have made all his money back plus more easy.

So to get a PGX ss all you have to prove your in the same room as the artist ?

How hard would it be to photoshop a picture with Stan Lee?

The advantages to PGX are endless!

The difference between the sale of an X-Men 1 PGX 8.5 and a CGC 8.5? About $9,500.00. :o Nobody with any sense would use PGX to come out on the losing side of that equation. Yeah, you might wait longer to get your books, but at least you will get more money with a CGC label than you ever will for a PGX label.

Your reputation in any collectibles business is everything. There's an enormous difference between having a good professional reputation and pretending to. There's also a huge difference between having a professional facility to conduct your business and your living room.

Only a fool would use PGX thinking they're going to come out on top money wise. :screwy:

I thought it was funny how it is in a yellow protector, so at first glance it looks like a yellow label.

Just curious if anyone has taken PGX slabs and resubmitted them to CGC?

If so, do the grades usually match up?

Lots of people have done this with varying results. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. Sometimes the same.

Just curious if anyone has taken PGX slabs and resubmitted them to CGC?

If so, do the grades usually match up?

Really hit and miss... I've had some real flops, and not many successes. Others have really hit it big.