• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City

27 posts in this topic

Friday:

Got up at 4am and hit the road. Got to Novi about 10am. Got in nice and easy thanks to Bob Shaw of Comic Art House. He has a very nice roster of artists.

Wandered the floor for a few (wasn't here this year to buy), said Hi to some people I know. Charles Wilson rolled in so I sat and chatted with him. Turns out Jeremy Bastian was right next to him so that worked out great all weekend as I aggravated them both.

Got a couple regular CGC SS books done, dropped off a prescreen and then hit media area to get a few celebrity books signed while it was slow. Mike, Andrew and Gemma were very helpful.

Spent the rest of the day hanging out with CWPIII and Jeremy. It was nice to be at a con and not working or going through tons of boxes or dealing with sellers with no sense of reality.

Picked up/set up some great commissions

Michael Schmidt bought Branget around to introduce. To be honest the speaker was going and I never heard the name or who I was shaking hands with. Had to ask Michael the next day who that was lol. Nice meeting you though :)

Saw Steve B, Klodz, Uncfan Jim, Catrick, Roy, Fool, drewsky, Dale, probably missing someone.

David Peterson wasn't attending but invited a bunch of people out to eat. Was a nice get together. CWPIII, Jeremy and Emily, David and Julia, Todd Derzago, Craig Rousseau, Christian Slade and his buddy who I can't remember his name.

My old hit the sack at 11pm.

Saturday:

Planted my at CWP table again to watch the passerby's. Motor City did a horrible job of getting people in the door. Attendance was way up but always a huge line to get in, yet floors were manageable. I didn't mind but I'm guessing the people paying $30 and just getting in with a couple hours left weren't happy.

Got to meet Traci Lords which was celebrity highlight of the day. Went into the hospitality room a few times and got up close to some celebrities. Loni Anderson was very very nice.

Picked up a few commissions and just helped CWP and Jeremy with their patrons. I'll try and post my commissions later. A couple are up on CAF, but need to take pics of the rest.

My list included.

CWP-picked up my Judge Dredd pooh style painting

Jeremy Bastian-picked up King Kong from PC and he did a Dark Judges piece for me :)

Mike Grell full Judge Anderson

Chrissie Zullo full Judge Anderson

Sara Richard full Judge Anderson

Top secret CWP commission (still being worked on :) )

Jeremy was kind enough to bring me one of his FCBD prints.

Steve B sold me a Vosburg splash of Linda Lovecraft. Not sure where it's from.

Submitted a Dean Cain Superman Photo and a Traci Lords photo for CGC SS

Got Playboy's signed by Donna D'Errico, Cindy Margolis and Sherilynn Fenn

Went out to eat with CWP and was sleeping by 11pm.

Sunday

Got to con early and grabbed 15 or so 50 cent books featuring thanos appearances. Hell why not. Picked up first two Perhapanauts trades from Todd.

Guess what I sat at the table most of the day people watching. Met Ryan Stegman, really nice guy.

Hung around until the end and then hit the road for my 6 hour trek home. Now at work, tired as .

All in all was probably my favorite con experience.

Anthony,

Great seeing you!

I am soooo glad I was able to pick up "The Stuff Of Legend" pieces of OA.

Got home, looked at the pieces again, and could not beleive what a great artist (and guy) Paul Wilson III is!

Very nice to see you Pirate. I also got some great art done which I will post on caf some day. CPW did a great Gandaulf sketch for me and JB did a great ring wraith. I also got the hulk vs wolverine pooh print # 1 of 50, which was cool from CPW. Got Sam Witwer to CGC sig a smallville mag and Aliana H to do another smallville mag.Been going to MC for 8 years and it's allways a great show for art, comics and celebs.

PS: Next weeked in Traverse City MI is the Cherry Con with Tony Moore, Steve Dillon, Danial Way, Ryan Stegman, Jeremy Bastain and more! its a Sat Sun con and the best place to meet and great artists.

submitted a couple of photo's for the cgc ss program.

IMAG2027.jpg

IMAG2026.jpg

and some commissions/oa

IMAG1996.jpg

IMAG2001.jpg

IMAG2008.jpg

IMAG1995.jpg

dredd.jpg

more stuff was added to my CAF, but don't have those on my computer to upload here.