• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013 preregistration

10 posts in this topic

Heard rumors earlier this year that 2012 registered badge holders would have option to preregister for 2013 tickets. Looks like this might be happening as I received an email from Comic Con this morning to complete an online survey. Some of the questions were whether I agreed or disagreed to whether 2012 registered attendees be allowed to preregister for 2013 and what percentage of tickets should be allocated to 2012 badge holders.

Heard rumors earlier this year that 2012 registered badge holders would have option to preregister for 2013 tickets. Looks like this might be happening as I received an email from Comic Con this morning to complete an online survey. Some of the questions were whether I agreed or disagreed to whether 2012 registered attendees be allowed to preregister for 2013 and what percentage of tickets should be allocated to 2012 badge holders.

Gee, I wonder what everyone with a 2012 badge is going to say... :eyeroll:

It looks like they are considering 3 options for 2012 registered attendees for 2013:

1) Preregistration

2) General sales via online system

3) Lottery system

Either way, it looks like they are giving priority to 2012 holders first and then releasing the rest of tickets to general public.

They will have some opportunity for 2012 ticket holders to buy for 2013 separate from general availability, but it will happen after the con. That's what the survey said anyway. They were seeking input on what that might look like.

I'm always down to spend the early part of my Thursday buying next year's badges as I have the past couple of years. It has been a tradition for my group of friends. But if it'll make it easier for us by providing 2012 attendees a chance to snag early badges, then sure.