• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scuffing

9 posts in this topic

How harsh is CGC when it comes to scuffing? I've got a couple of modern books with a white Front cover and they both have a small black scuff mark by the top staple. Other than that they are in beautiful condition.

Will a slight scuff affect the grade?

How harsh is CGC when it comes to scuffing? I've got a couple of modern books with a white Front cover and they both have a small black scuff mark by the top staple. Other than that they are in beautiful condition.

Will a slight scuff affect the grade?

Is it production related? Do all of the copies of that book have it?

I'm not sure if these photo's help but Yes... It looks like a production fault. I've got 3 of these and they're all exactly the same. The back cover is a very dark colour print so I'm guessing that's where the scuff comes from...There's a common mark on top of the "R" in Bart too.

003.jpg

002.jpg

Only use a "white gum" eraser, and only use it on white (non-ink) areas, and use it ever-so-lightly . . . :grin:

Thanks for the tip Pops.

doh! It was meant for the OP . . . lol