• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #423 - Swan/Perez

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I wanted to share with you a really cool page ;-) from the SUPERMAN #423 comic book !

"Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow ?" is in my humble opinion the best Superman story ever.

The story was designed as the final appearance of the Silver Age character, and was published in preparation for the subsequent “The Man of Steel” limited series by John Byrne (which rebooted Superman's history following the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths). It was Swan's final major contribution to the Superman titles, though he would later return for special occasions. Superman #423 is also the final issue of the series under its original print run. The numbering sequence continues as Adventures of Superman. In 2006, the series reverted back to its original title beginning with issue #650.

I feel very lucky to own a page from this story written by Alan Moore, and what a page : Superman in action in almost every panel, saving Lois falling down from the Daily Planet building… what more could I ask for ? That’s probably my favorite page from the entire Superman #423 book. The story was published in two parts, beginning in Superman #423 and ending in Action Comics #583.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=896176&GSub=94118

Regards,

C.