• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention - FAKE Superman #1 CGC 6.0 EP Restored being offered
2 2

80 posts in this topic

Where is he shopping it around? He currently is not offering it on eBay.

The book was offered to me and at least one other dealer (who contacted me after I started this thread).

I'm the dealer Roy's referring to. The guy had been in contact with us about the book.

Where is he shopping it around? He currently is not offering it on eBay.

The book was offered to me and at least one other dealer (who contacted me after I started this thread).

I'm the dealer Roy's referring to. The guy had been in contact with us about the book.

He's trying to pull a scam on experienced dealers. Guess he's not an experienced scammer?

If anyone is stupid enough not to see that there is something wrong with the book, then they deserve to be screwed. It is obvious that there is something wrong with that book.

I can't stand this mentality. No one "deserves to be screwed" by a scam artist.

If anyone is stupid enough not to see that there is something wrong with the book, then they deserve to be screwed. It is obvious that there is something wrong with that book.

+1

Suppose it was someone new to the hobby... no knowledge of CGC, these boards etc.. Probably would get out just as soon as he got in.

+1

Wow, what a d bag. I think it's kinda funny though that these people are stupid enough to think they can pull a fast one on someone with as much experience and passion in this hobby that they've been trying to offer this book to. It would be like trying to sell copper as gold to a gold dealer. Someone needs to punch this guy square in the face and take the original away from him.

Thanks for the heads up Roy. I have the copy of replica that is a free comicbook in a superman figurine. there is a big difference in how they look. i hope no one does this to a batman 1.

out of curiosity, how much is he peddling it for?

Edited by benz

Hello,

I´m the person you are speaking about in this post. First of all I want to tell you that I´m not scammer, all the contrary, I´m a comic book lover since 30 years ago, and I would never do anything like that, I´m and have been a honest person all my life. Well I´ll begin with a chronology of the facts.

Taking a look at MC web page I detected the book in question, Superman #1 cgc 6.0, restored, and I decided to purchase it, it had a good price, but not to hold it, but to make some business, I have a couple of costumers, (friends all of them), that offered me more than I have paid. But when I received it, and I saw that it was a fantastic copy, I said -"what the heck,I´m gonna offer it to the best dealers", in order to get more money, or preferably books, that is what I´m always looking for. So I offered it to 3 dealers, but their offers didn´t convince me, so finally I sold it to one of those friends, ( of course, as soon as I detected what has happening I contacted him and gave him his money back, the book is on its way to my home, and of course that friend, that trust me blindly, is following all these, step by step).

I have contacted twice MC in order to clear this, but until now no answer, but you can be sure that I will clear all this mess, I want my name deleted from this message board, but I´m not gonna ask to delete it until I have cleared my name, then I´ll ask him to delete it, and if he is a honest person, I think he is, he will delete it, but until I have cleared it all I´m not gonna ask. Finally some rhetorics questions.

if I wanted to scam anybody would I have offerd it to the best dealers?I think not, I would have offered to a not expert person.

If I wanted to scam anybody would I have written e-mails from my personal address, with my real name?would I have told vintagecomics to check MC about the book and have told him my Ebay nick??

If I wanted to scam anybody would I be here explaining it??

I´ll be here until I can clear everything, thanks for reading me.

Hello,

I´m the person you are speaking about in this post. First of all I want to tell you that I´m not scammer, all the contrary, I´m a comic book lover since 30 years ago, and I would never do anything like that, I´m and have been a honest person all my life. Well I´ll begin with a chronology of the facts.

Taking a look at MC web page I detected the book in question, Superman #1 cgc 6.0, restored, and I decided to purchase it, it had a good price, but not to hold it, but to make some business, I have a couple of costumers, (friends all of them), that offered me more than I have paid. But when I received it, and I saw that it was a fantastic copy, I said -"what the heck,I´m gonna offer it to the best dealers", in order to get more money, or preferably books, that is what I´m always looking for. So I offered it to 3 dealers, but their offers didn´t convince me, so finally I sold it to one of those friends, ( of course, as soon as I detected what has happening I contacted him and gave him his money back, the book is on its way to my home, and of course that friend, that trust me blindly, is following all these, step by step).

I have contacted twice MC in order to clear this, but until now no answer, but you can be sure that I will clear all this mess, I want my name deleted from this message board, but I´m not gonna ask to delete it until I have cleared my name, then I´ll ask him to delete it, and if he is a honest person, I think he is, he will delete it, but until I have cleared it all I´m not gonna ask. Finally some rhetorics questions.

if I wanted to scam anybody would I have offerd it to the best dealers?I think not, I would have offered to a not expert person.

If I wanted to scam anybody would I have written e-mails from my personal address, with my real name?would I have told vintagecomics to check MC about the book and have told him my Ebay nick??

You bought a book (Superman #1, no less) from Metro with the intent to flip it to other dealers? lol

Hello,

You bought a book (Superman #1, no less) from Metro with the intent to flip it to other dealers? lol

That is pretty comical. Especially when he stated been doing this for 30 years.

You skipped the part where you explained how a different book got in the CGC holder?

I would blame it on the elves that steal my socks from the dryer.

I've emailed Metro (since Enrique emailed me this morning) and they are checking to see if Enrique tried to contact them in the last day or so.

I'm sure they'll follow up on this with Enrique. I don't really have anything else to add.

So much Sham! and Wow! here that an infomercial should be made.

To those who insist on stickering the back of slabs, let this example serve as a wake-up call about the potential risks when an unsuspecting buyer is left holding a switcheroo-slab and coming to you for an explanation.

You skipped the part where you explained how a different book got in the CGC holder?

+1

We eagerly await 30 year's worth of an informed explanation for this :popcorn:

Hello,

I am just amazed that he has not one, but a couple of costumer friends.

Hello All-

Here is how I replied to Enrique-

Hi Enrique,

I sold you a book, here is a scan (in my email I attached a scan of the real book Roy posted). The book you are selling to Roy has the same label # but there is a different comic in the holder. I am not sure what is going on, I know this is a reprint and most certainly not the comic you were sold.

Sincerely,

Vincent