• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Order Shipped" e-mail from Marine Depot...absolutely hilarious.

62 posts in this topic

You might want to think about a nano skimmer with that little LR.

I won't need to. I'll have a small HOB that I'll be dosing carbon with every month in addition to the water changes.

Peace,

Chip

AWESOME personality also. Of all the fish ive ever had, ive never had one with close to the personality of the two Midas i had. I swear, they were almost like dogs and would come out and play as soon as they saw you :cloud9:

Yeah, no jumpers or potential jumpers for me. If I could get away with it I'd get a pair of helfrichis.

helfrich.jpg

Peace,

Chip

AWESOME personality also. Of all the fish ive ever had, ive never had one with close to the personality of the two Midas i had. I swear, they were almost like dogs and would come out and play as soon as they saw you :cloud9:

Yeah, no jumpers or potential jumpers for me. If I could get away with it I'd get a pair of helfrichis.

helfrich.jpg

Peace,

Chip

My wife wanted those.......................until she saw the price tag. lol

I cant remember the guys name now but he was in Hawaii and sold on eBay. He could always get Golden Dwarf Morays which would be fine in a tank that small. Definitely the best $200 i ever spent on my tank. They are beautiful and have that awesome moray face buy only get about 10-12 inches long and pencil thin.

I'd recommend them to anyone with a tank (thumbs u

gdm60001_1.jpg

gdm50001_1.jpg

gdm20001_1.jpg

I cant remember the guys name now but he was in Hawaii and sold on eBay. He could always get Golden Dwarf Morays which would be fine in a tank that small. Definitely the best $200 i ever spent on my tank. They are beautiful and have that awesome moray face buy only get about 10-12 inches long and pencil thin.

I considered it for my 75, they just cost too much. I went with a "boring" snowflake. I love that eel.

I considered it for my 75, they just cost too much. I went with a "boring" snowflake. I love that eel.

How much are they now? It was probably 5-6 years ago and they were like $400 everywhere else but this guy caught them himself and sold them for $175-200 on eBay.

How much are they now? It was probably 5-6 years ago and they were like $400 everywhere else but this guy caught them himself and sold them for $175-200 on eBay.

I've seen them as high as $600.

Shipping live fish is an amazing thing that's only possible in these modern times.

(Sort of like shipping Maine Lobster or fresh Pastrami from Katz's Delicatessen.)

Seriously, can I get something like that from Katz's Deli? I've always heard of it but have a weird travel phobia.

I havent been on reefcentral.com in years but i know i have his contact info somewhere in my pm's there. Ill try and dig it up and see if hes still selling them on ebay hm

edit-that was easy! http://web1.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405737

leslie from wetpetshawaii

hmmm, doesnt look like he's selling on eBay anymore hm

I havent been on reefcentral.com in years but i know i have his contact info somewhere in my pm's there. Ill try and dig it up and see if hes still selling them on ebay hm

edit-that was easy! http://web1.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405737

leslie from wetpetshawaii

I'm looking forward to reading that thread.

Seeing how this thread has turned into discussing fish....I have question.

My kids have a beta fish that they named bubbles

I have never heard of a fish that does this.

You know how a dog shakes his butt,wags his tail and is all excited to see you after you have come home from work....

Thats what this fish does,it is the freakiest thing I have ever seen.

If I come home and he is in his fake log and I call him he will come out and open his gills and act like he is all excited to see me.

I also feed him when I first get home, he has only been doing it for the last couple of weeks and we have had him for just under a year and he has never done this before.

Seeing how this thread has turned into discussing fish....I have question.

My kids have a beta fish that they named bubbles

I have never heard of a fish that does this.

You know how a dog shakes his butt,wags his tail and is all excited to see you after you have come home from work....

Thats what this fish does,it is the freakiest thing I have ever seen.

If I come home and he is in his fake log and I call him he will come out and open his gills and act like he is all excited to see me.

I also feed him when I first get home, he has only been doing it for the last couple of weeks and we have had him for just under a year and he has never done this before.

Hunger can bring out "personality" in some fish. What color beta?