• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mycomicshop.com who uses???

22 posts in this topic

They have a few nice books that I would like that are stated NM. I would only buy if I thought I could send them to CGC for my collection. Anyone have luck with these guys on their NM grading? There are a few .12 and .25 Marvels.

Some of my first purchases online. I think I bought a TTA#100 advertised as a 9.0 and I have to say that it is pretty accurate. I do think however that its a little dicey when you buy NM online from large comic retailers where the public thumbs through these very same books on a regular basis. Has to take its toll over time.

Some of my first purchases online. I think I bought a TTA#100 advertised as a 9.0 and I have to say that it is pretty accurate. I do think however that its a little dicey when you buy NM online from large comic retailers where the public thumbs through these very same books on a regular basis. Has to take its toll over time.

That is what I am afraid of. I guess I can take a chance and make a small $50.00 order to see if it is worth my time in the future.

Unfortunately NM in raw condition these days is tough to find online

That depends on what you're buying, and for most of my Bronze Byrne issues, NM is hardly rare online or otherwise. The key is weeding out the from the normals.

If you're talking about AF 15, then yeah, it's rare in NM no matter what.

i have been using lone star for years now, and have watched their standards slide dramatically unfortunately. I was on the phone with buddy about it a coupkle weeks ago, but he didn't really satisfy my dissapointment. Their NM's can range as low as VF-, though some will be NM-, rarely NM. they are good with older VG range books which are often fines, but not the highgrades in my experience.

i have been using lone star for years now, and have watched their standards slide dramatically unfortunately. I was on the phone with buddy about it a coupkle weeks ago, but he didn't really satisfy my dissapointment. Their NM's can range as low as VF-, though some will be NM-, rarely NM. they are good with older VG range books which are often fines, but not the highgrades in my experience.

Thank you sooooo much. This is the type I info I was looking for. Anyone else???

Thank you sooooo much. This is the type I info I was looking for. Anyone else???

I have also seen their quality slip quite a bit.

Sometimes I have great luck and sometimes I don't. I recently bought about 15 ASM books, ranging from issue 220-280 which were all graded at NM. When I got the books, maybe 2 of them were NM, 10 were VF and 3 were Fine or below.

Based upon this last experience, I think I'll start to use them to only fill holes in my collection on non-key issues.

Sometimes I have great luck and sometimes I don't. I recently bought about 15 ASM books, ranging from issue 220-280 which were all graded at NM. When I got the books, maybe 2 of them were NM, 10 were VF and 3 were Fine or below.

Whoa! I'd probably have a better average just by pulling randomly out of my storage boxes. 893whatthe.gif

"JC quickly cancels order at mycomicshop.com"

Shiv is right. I've actually graded a NM book from Lonestar at CGC and come back 9.0. I think 8.5 is their "Average" NM grade for bronze when CGC'd. Milehigh's average NM bronze grade is 8.0 or lower when CGC'd. This is based on actual purchases and grading I've done. So, knock the grades down a notch or two and pay a fair price based on that--when purchasing Bronze. I haven't purchased many Moderns so other posts here will have to attest to that.

BTW, is your avatar Dream Theater? That's one of the best concept discs to date.

BTW, is your avatar Dream Theater? That's one of the best concept discs to date.

Oh man, don't even get me started on DREAM THEATER. Not one of the best, it is the best CD I have ever heard. I love that band.....one of the few things I like more than comics. I could go on and on, but since you are the first person to notice the D.T. cover, I am sure no one cares.

thumbsup2.gif

Shiv is right. I've actually graded a NM book from Lonestar at CGC and come back 9.0. I think 8.5 is their "Average" NM grade for bronze when CGC'd. Milehigh's average NM bronze grade is 8.0 or lower when CGC'd. This is based on actual purchases and grading I've done. So, knock the grades down a notch or two and pay a fair price based on that--when purchasing Bronze. I haven't purchased many Moderns so other posts here will have to attest to that.

So if this is how it is, is there anyplace online that grade well???? I am looking for some bronze books that I would like to add to my collection and don't want to get ripped off again on a bad grade from eBay, but it sound like online shops are just as bad as eBay grading. Does anyone have a site that sells TRUE NM books that are NM????893frustrated.gif

My experience with them is also that their grading is quite poor. Fine for filling in holes, but that's about it. What is attractive though is that they buy books from you, or allow you to trade for them. While their prices for buying or trading is not fantastic, they do sometimes ask for stuff that you have NO chance of selling on ebay.

BTW, who else buys your books from you online? Does Mile HIgh?

Oh man, don't even get me started on DREAM THEATER. Not one of the best, it is the best CD I have ever heard. I love that band.....one of the few things I like more than comics. I could go on and on, but since you are the first person to notice the D.T. cover, I am sure no one cares.

thumbsup2.gif

That is THE BEST DT album, hands down. My wife didn't like DT but that album got her hooked... tongue.gif (and notice how old I feel, because I still say musical releases are "albums" foreheadslap.gif)