• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omnibus and Absolutes question

117 posts in this topic

well, for 35 i'd probably buy any cause i love em too. plus your in florida, you need atlantis knowledge incase they attack, im more inland

i only have asm1, marvel comics 1 and uncanny xmen 1 so far

well, for 35 i'd probably buy any cause i love em too. plus your in florida, you need atlantis knowledge incase they attack, im more inland

i only have asm1, marvel comics 1 and uncanny xmen 1 so far

Go on Amazon and check for the ones you want. Like i said, most of them you can probably get for like $55-65 and probably a decent amount less if you dont mind used. personally, i'd rather pay a few bucks extra for the shrink wrap and not have to worry about what some fan boy might have been doing with his other hand while oogling Ms. Marvel in my Omnibus! :sick::o

the thing i dislike about amazon is the price between the canadian and u.s. amazon. the omnibus are usually 15 to 25 dollars less on the u.s. site even though the dollar has been at or around par for well over a year. i wish marvel would adjust the cover prices to reflect the even currency

the thing i dislike about amazon is the price between the canadian and u.s. amazon. the omnibus are usually 15 to 25 dollars less on the u.s. site even though the dollar has been at or around par for well over a year. i wish marvel would adjust the cover prices to reflect the even currency

Well, we have to punish you Canadians somehow for Roy :baiting:

I own 12 Omnibi. :cloud9:

I have 14! Na-Na!!! :baiting:

lol

I don't read much modern stuff at all but I just finished the Ultimate Avengers omnibus the other day and it was pretty freaking awesome!!! :cloud9:

Except for Nerd Hulk! :sick::facepalm:

The Thor JIM (Kirby cover) still eludes me.

I have ASM 1 & 2, ToS Iron Man 1, Hulk, Captain America, FF 1 and Avengers (all classic covers).

Still waiting for Sgt Fury, Dr Strange and Daredevil.

The Thor JIM (Kirby cover) still eludes me.

I have ASM 1 & 2, ToS Iron Man 1, Hulk, Captain America, FF 1 and Avengers (all classic covers).

Still waiting for Sgt Fury, Dr Strange and Daredevil.

Nice! Unfortunately, most of mine are the crappo new covers :sorry:

I've never even seen a pic of the Dr.Strange or Sgt Fury so i assume those ones are pretty pricey?

lol

I don't read much modern stuff at all but I just finished the Ultimate Avengers omnibus the other day and it was pretty freaking awesome!!! :cloud9:

But does that mean you are winning?

I can't tell, seeing as how my race is only with myself.

(now try to snatch the pebble from my hand)

I love these books. Even though it's cheaper to get the paperbacks or the less sexy hardcovers, I generally go for the Omnibus or Absolutes. Waiting for the day I can make a separate room just for my TPB/HC collection.

Shameless plug: If you're looking to buy on Amazon, I can get you 5% off what you would normally pay. I've posted about this in the past: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=5680421&Searchpage=1&Main=255155&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5680421

lol

Btw, do you live in Japan? I thought I saw you post that once. If you do, where do you get them? Do you have to order from the states or can you get them there?

I love these books. Even though it's cheaper to get the paperbacks or the less sexy hardcovers, I generally go for the Omnibus or Absolutes. Waiting for the day I can make a separate room just for my TPB/HC collection.

Shameless plug: If you're looking to buy on Amazon, I can get you 5% off what you would normally pay. I've posted about this in the past: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=5680421&Searchpage=1&Main=255155&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5680421

I'm not sure it is cheaper.

I average 70 dollars an omni, considering I've paid more for some OOP ones. Roughly 40 issues in each. Let's call it 35 to be conservative. That's about 2 bucks per issue. All for new color, letter's pages, intros and beautiful hardback editions.

The only thing i dont like about them is when you are reading the 1st couple or last couple issues of the BIG ones. Definitely a PITA reading the last few pages in one of the huge ones like FF or Wolverine :mad:

lol

Btw, do you live in Japan? I thought I saw you post that once. If you do, where do you get them? Do you have to order from the states or can you get them there?

I do not. I am Mississippi born and raised, though I have traveled around the world a bit.

I average 70 dollars an omni, considering I've paid more for some OOP ones. Roughly 40 issues in each. Let's call it 35 to be conservative. That's about 2 bucks per issue. All for new color, letter's pages, intros and beautiful hardback editions.

+1

Some of those Masterworks are INSANELY expensive! I wanted a couple of the GA Human Torch ones and they are either $49.99 or $59.99 for 4 freaking issues! :o

lol

I do not. I am Mississippi born and raised, though I have traveled around the world a bit.

WOW! I had that completely wrong :facepalm:

+1

Some of those Masterworks are INSANELY expensive! I wanted a couple of the GA Human Torch ones and they are either $49.99 or $59.99 for 4 freaking issues! :o

Yeah, I'm strictly talking about the Omnibi.

I don't "collect" trades/hardbacks. I'm here to read. I have a floppy collection to collect.

I think Marvel is catching on. It seems they are trying to meet demand.