• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil # 1 CGC 9.2 OWW (1964) Tremont copy *CLOSED*

37 posts in this topic

-SPEEDY, feeling a bit sheepish after last night :blush:

lol

It's a Jewish treasure made possible by Stanley Lieber and Jacob Kurtzberg.

:o

:headbang: my peeps!!! :headbang:

me too (now where is the emoticon with a little yellow guy wearing a yamaca (skull cap) , and talis (shoulder cover shaul)

Is this the RAW copy listed on Metro (as a VFNM 9.0 IIRC) a while back that subsequently got slabbed ?

Probably best if you ask these kind of questions via PM first?

My bad. Apologies.

Popularity likely due to new movie in the early works.. ;)

I thought you were joking.

I guess Fox is wanting to keep the rights.

Don't get your hopes too high... When a studio makes a movie just to retain rights, bad things are produced.

too true :(

Ultimately, it would be in the company's best interest to produce a decent movie.

Personally, I enjoyed the first movie as it was decent for the time period (almost 10 years old now).

I guess I'd have to question why they would retain the rights for a character if they weren't planning on making money with him, and a lot has changed in 10 years...it's been proven that a good Superhero movie can make a lot of money and they are in the business of making money through movies, right?

So if I owned a piece of the Marvel pie and had the opportunity to produce a movie that has the possibility of earning millions, why wouldn't I?

I don't know much about the movie making process but the fact that they have a decent director chosen (David Slade) doesn't hurt.

Don't get your hopes too high... When a studio makes a movie just to retain rights, bad things are produced.

Ultimately, it would be in the company's best interest to produce a decent movie.

Personally, I enjoyed the first movie as it was decent for the time period (almost 10 years old now).

I guess I'd have to question why they would retain the rights for a character if they weren't planning on making money with him, and a lot has changed in 10 years...it's been proven that a good Superhero movie can make a lot of money and they are in the business of making money through movies, right?

So if I owned a piece of the Marvel pie and had the opportunity to produce a movie that has the possibility of earning millions, why wouldn't I?

I don't know much about the movie making process but the fact that they have a decent director chosen (David Slade) doesn't hurt.

I think, to retain the rights, they have to make a movie within a certain timeframe. So, this becomes the driving factor behind the movie's release, as opposed to a great -script, finding the right director/star, etc. It just opens things up for crappiness.

I think, to retain the rights, they have to make a movie within a certain timeframe. So, this becomes the driving factor behind the movie's release, as opposed to a great -script, finding the right director/star, etc. It just opens things up for crappiness.

Yeah, but if you're a company that has money (and Fox does) why spend $50MIL to make a couple of $MIL when it's proven that doing it right can make $100MILs?

Why not spend $250MIL to make $250MIL?

I mean, they are in the business to make money aren't they?

Good quality stuff always sells well. That's what people seem to forget.

Folks, I'm going to drop the price to $7500. This is a one time reduction.

(thumbs u

Hey gang, got a book up for sale in case anyone is interested. Apparently a very popular book right now. Book comes from the Tremont collection which was a very nice collection of Silver and Bronze age books. Book was pressed. Exhibits nice cover whites and page quality. No markings on the book. Asking price is $8500 $7500 Drop me a PM with any questions or comments.

-SPEEDY, feeling a bit sheepish after last night :blush:

lol

It's a Jewish treasure made possible by Stanley Lieber and Jacob Kurtzberg.

:headbang: my peeps!!! :headbang:

me too (now where is the emoticon with a little yellow guy wearing a yamaca (skull cap) , and talis (shoulder cover shaul)

it's "yarmulke"...oy