• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know about the history of these FC stamps?

12 posts in this topic

MastrCntrlProgram just sold a 'Tec 41 (I wish I saw that one earlier! :frustrated: ) and noticed the same stamps are on this Action 15 that just sold in the latest Clink auction...

Anyone know anything about them.

I'm guessing a naval base perhaps but the Action 15 has a cover date of August 1939... Which doesn't necessarily mean anything.

IMG_0001-53.jpg

RAD62DC12012418_13307.jpg

I don't know the history, but I had an All Star Comics #3 with that anchor stamp on it. The book was restored and the cover was cleaned so the stamp was much less apparent.

interesting stamp. but i note that there is a handwritten MP on both covers as well. Maybe it's just a little kid who had that stamp with his initials and he went crazy on his books? (shrug)

I've seen that on a lot of books. I prefer books with stuff like that to be left as they are because it's a window into how books were enjoyed back in the day.

Of course they should be graded accordingly, because they're still defects that not everybody will think find adorable, and grading should not try to differentiate that some collectors' markings are acceptable and others don't.. Then if somebody likes it with the anchor stamps, anyway, they can choose to buy it despite the grade and not because the stamps had or didn't have an impact on the condition number

With the anchor & "MP" I was thinking Military Police? Perhaps comics bought by the military to entertain the troops? (shrug)

I think the last thing on the minds of the military police is entertaining the troops. :)

And it looks like something a kid would do, go crazy with his stamp and ink pad, given how many times it's stamped on the cover.

With the anchor & "MP" I was thinking Military Police? Perhaps comics bought by the military to entertain the troops? (shrug)

I think the last thing on the minds of the military police is entertaining the troops. :)

And it looks like something a kid would do, go crazy with his stamp and ink pad, given how many times it's stamped on the cover.

Monty Python it is! :insane:

+1

I think it's the work of some kid entertaining himself.

+1

I think it's the work of some kid entertaining himself.

I think he later went on to work at Bonnett's. :)

bonnetts-stamp.gif