• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, at least this one didn't get by CGG...

20 posts in this topic

Actually, sending this book to CGG was probably a smart move. If you know it's going to get banged with a PLOD (or CGG GLOD) no matter what, and the only reason you are sending it in for slabbing to to get an apparent grade, why not send to CGG? Much cheaper and faster.

I wouldn't mind buying a restored book if the price was right... a few small CTs and/or a tear seal. But this book just has too much IMO. You can easily see the fills and piece replacements on the spine and right edge, and some of the text in the comics code box looks like it was written in by hand (as I'm sure it was) This was probably a Good or worse before.

sorry.gif

It would help if they got someone who could type properly to do the labels....

"tears seals"....I assume they meant "tears sealed". confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought the same thing.... althought I thought it should be "tear seals"

You'd think on a high profile book that's sure to get some attention when it goes on the block (i.e., free advertising for CGG), they'd be a little more careful and proofread the label.

foreheadslap.gif

CGG Graded Restored - Pieces Added, tears seals, reglossed, cleaned & pressed , color touch

Look at that cleaned & pressed devil.gif

It's almost as if they had pre-knowledge of what was done to the book. I wouldn't trust them to tell if the shirts they were wearing to work were cleaned and pressed.

Practically all books with extensive or even moderate restoration are pressed. Especially if there are major piece replacements. Pressing the cover flat is a final procedure before reassembly.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1

Section: For Sale / Golden, Silver and Bronze Age Comic Books / Marvel, Timely and Atlas / FANTASTIC FOUR

Price: $1,800

Publisher: Marvel

Condition: CGC 8.5 VF+

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

Type of Holder: Restored

Page Quality: Off-White to White Pages

Degree Of Restoration: Extensive Professional Restoration

Seller's Grading Comments: CGG Graded Restored - Pieces Added, tears seals, reglossed, cleaned & pressed, color touch.

Item description:

1st Fantastic Four appearance