• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what? no one has a comment on this?

29 posts in this topic

Either that or they were just read to death and rarely survived in pristine shape. 9.4 is Hi CGC. That's unheard of for a book from the 70s. It also means that once a 9.6 shows up some of these 9.4s will look a lot less attractive.

Although I'm sure that a couple of 9.6s will eventually show up, when they do I seriously doubt we'll see them on the open market. So for all intents and purposes 9.4 is the highest grade that most of us will have a shot at. Plus it may be a long time before a 9.6 shows up. Even the pedigree copies of this book haven't scored a 9.6.

You might be right about all of that, but I'm still holding onto the idea that there some sharp copies of this book waiting in the wings. I just can't get my head around 9.4 being the ceiling for this or any other full distribution, mainstream Bronze Age book.

Of course, I've been thinking the same thing since I first saw that 9.4 was high CGC, so what do I know? insane.gif

I do know one thing, if it were me I'd definitely put a 9.6 out there for the masses to fight over. It would be too much fun to watch in a public auction to sell in a private deal. popcorn.gif

I'm not surprised it went this high. There aren't a lot in the census, and I thought the last CGC 9.2 went for about $1200... The 9.4 going for $2900 seems high... but this seems to be a very in demand book in high grade right now.

The $1200 for the 9.2 was a number that was stuck in my head as well. Didn't one of the Shuley's make that sale?

$2900 does seem a little high, but considering how ridiculously tough this book is, I'm not too surprised. As others have said, it's a super-key, a pedigree, white pages, etc....

AND....it's still undervalued in the guide.

Metro has a CGC 9.4 with white pages for 3K. Hmmm...

After you figure in the Heritage juice, Metro's copy is a bargain in comparison! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well I guess it's time for these guys to step up & put their money where their mouth is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

After you figure in the Heritage juice, Metro's copy is a bargain in comparison! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well I guess it's time for these guys to step up & put their money where their mouth is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Capitol idea, Ol' Boy! thumbsup2.gif

Capitol idea, Ol' Boy! thumbsup2.gif

I doubt they will though. foreheadslap.gif