• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your most recent acquirement in rare comics

89 posts in this topic

This is by far the rarest of the kelloggs superman giveaways. For some reason, the other ones are common and this one is rare. This is the only one I have had the opportunity to purchase,

kelloggs1954001.jpg

This is a very hard to find atlas seaboard magazine. It is highly sought after by comic collectors and is pictured in the back of the 2011-2012 Overstreet. This is the first one I have ever seen in person.

secret001.jpg

This is a very hard to find atlas seaboard magazine. It is highly sought after by comic collectors and is pictured in the back of the 2011-2012 Overstreet. This is the first one I have ever seen in person.

secret001.jpg

whoever was at NY this past year, there was a dealer in the back of the hall that had several of these on his wall...I had never heard of it, but it did strike my eye...maybe someone that paid more attention than me, will remember who had it (or took pictures)... now I want one lol

whoever was at NY this past year, there was a dealer in the back of the hall that had several of these on his wall...I had never heard of it, but it did strike my eye...maybe someone that paid more attention than me, will remember who had it (or took pictures)... now I want one lol

Perv. :baiting:

I wonder if this is anything special, considering the publisher (Chip Goodman) was already publishing this kind of material in Stag and Swank. From the titles of the articles, they sound like leftovers intended for the men's sweat magazines.

I'm keeping my rarest acquisitions a secret in the hopes of getting an invite to a certain party. :whistle:

OTOH, I did pick up a tasty 9.4 copy of Human Torch #23 through the CLink Auction; that's a pretty tough book in grade. Alas, I'm currently traveling (in Paris this evening prepping for an event tomorrow) and have to rely on kind folks like Doohickamabob to post scans that aren't already uploaded into my photobucket gallery. :cry::sorry:

This is the best I can do for now (purchased during the Heritage Auction back in Feb.)...

img_RedRaven1_008.jpg

Very cool, comicjack! I love the reference to the latest French fashion at the turn of the 19th century. The humor is a fun match with the pulse of the "Fashion & Style" section in today's New York Times. A neat thing about history is that sometimes things change so much and so little at the same time.