• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have issues with Desert Wind?

92 posts in this topic

I'm waiting for an invoice number for weeks!!! I sent my books for the NYCC 2011 and the Long Beach 2011. Not all books got signed, so they did it at the following Cons. Sooo months later I asked for an invoice number and after weeks they sent me one, but not with all books, they said the other book is on a seperate invoice. So I asked for the 2nd invoice number. No answer...so again on 16/5/12, I got this answer: "I will look for it in the office tonight."

I was surprised, that I got a quick response. On 20/5/2012 I bumped my PM but again no answer yet.

I don't understand way they are not telling me how the situation is...could be, that the last book didn't get all signatures, could be...but they could tell me the truth and not ignoring my question or just promising that they would look for it and afterwards forgetting about me...

Quick Update:

I've discussed the issue at length with Desert Wind. The book will be signed at Philly and onsite graded. If all goes according to plan, I should have the book back in 1.5 to 2 weeks.

I thought Stan Lee + on-site grading for SS is a big no no. Wasn't this promised to someone else also to fix a mistake and things only got worse when this fell through?

Quick Update:

I've discussed the issue at length with Desert Wind. The book will be signed at Philly and onsite graded. If all goes according to plan, I should have the book back in 1.5 to 2 weeks.

I thought Stan Lee + on-site grading for SS is a big no no. Wasn't this promised to someone else also to fix a mistake and things only got worse when this fell through?

YES onsite was promised and "NOT" done,YES onsite was to fix several major blunders and YES the problem has gotten worse and still continues, but there is A LOT more BS in this POT!

I will be posting a NOT so Nice Thread on the short comings of a certain Facilitator as soon as I hear back from Joe and/or Paul.

I need to make sure the Facts are 100 % correct as I would like to pull the BUS treads off my back before I post a Massive Wall of Text!

I'm waiting for an invoice number for weeks!!! I sent my books for the NYCC 2011 and the Long Beach 2011. Not all books got signed, so they did it at the following Cons. Sooo months later I asked for an invoice number and after weeks they sent me one, but not with all books, they said the other book is on a seperate invoice. So I asked for the 2nd invoice number. No answer...so again on 16/5/12, I got this answer: "I will look for it in the office tonight."

I was surprised, that I got a quick response. On 20/5/2012 I bumped my PM but again no answer yet.

I don't understand way they are not telling me how the situation is...could be, that the last book didn't get all signatures, could be...but they could tell me the truth and not ignoring my question or just promising that they would look for it and afterwards forgetting about me...

Didn't you have a similar problem a few months back? Can I ask, why you would use them again?

Didn't you have a similar problem a few months back? Can I ask, why you would use them again?

:gossip: These are shows from last year. It's not a new problem I would guess.

ComicsNyC22

At one point in time I had the same experience as you.

In the past I defended this facilitator in these forums, not any more!

I wish you best of luck in the future.

PS. Small tip: ask for a detailed bill and always make sure you communicate via email for your records.

I had the exactly the same problem with them last year. But I hoped, since the communication with them, after I started my complaint-thread, was better...that something will change. But I'm wrong with that thoughts...so I did this mistake a 2nd time...and that sucks again...I don't understand, why they are not communicating like other facilitators.

Rich Henn or Andrew (GACollectables) for example are really great! If you have a question you write them a PM or email and they are answering your question in at least 12 hours. And it doesn't matter if it is a stupid question or anything else...

So what is the matter with them? If they promising to look for something and then you don't hear anything for 2-3 weeks/months...? If they can't hold what they are promising, they should say the truth and tell..."ok, you'll get your invoice number in 2 months"...and I accept that fact.

Some of these SS threads have become a breeding ground for negativity and we (cgc) are tired of it. If someone has or is having a bad experience with a facilitator, contact the facilitator or contact us to see what we can do. Airing dirty laundry is not the way to go about doing this kind of thing. Giving someone a "black-eye" in a public forum and inviting others to do the same will not fly here anymore. Also it is not just SS collectors/dealers who read these threads. A number of creators read them as well and have commented on how hostile the SS room is. I will be reposting the facilitator & CAW guidelines and code of conduct again.

I had the exactly the same problem with them last year. But I hoped, since the communication with them, after I started my complaint-thread, was better...that something will change. But I'm wrong with that thoughts...so I did this mistake a 2nd time...and that sucks again...I don't understand, why they are not communicating like other facilitators.

Rich Henn or Andrew (GACollectables) for example are really great! If you have a question you write them a PM or email and they are answering your question in at least 12 hours. And it doesn't matter if it is a stupid question or anything else...

So what is the matter with them? If they promising to look for something and then you don't hear anything for 2-3 weeks/months...? If they can't hold what they are promising, they should say the truth and tell..."ok, you'll get your invoice number in 2 months"...and I accept that fact.

That's what I thought. Sorry for your troubles. I also have had very positive experiences with Rich and Andrew. Sean from NYComics as well. I've had delays, but all three are johnny on the spot with updates when asked. I guess long story short, getting books signed is a very inexact science due to the fact that there are always going to be delays outside of the facilitators control. That's why I choose to give my money to those guys that I can count on when things aren't going as planned. Good Luck.

Some of these SS threads have become a breeding ground for negativity and we (cgc) are tired of it. If someone has or is having a bad experience with a facilitator, contact the facilitator or contact us to see what we can do. Airing dirty laundry is not the way to go about doing this kind of thing. Giving someone a "black-eye" in a public forum and inviting others to do the same will not fly here anymore. Also it is not just SS collectors/dealers who read these threads. A number of creators read them as well and have commented on how hostile the SS room is. I will be reposting the facilitator & CAW guidelines and code of conduct again.

Cool,...but "contact the facilitator"...does not work, if they are not answering. And CGC told me, without an invoice number, they can't do anything.

If you aren't getting a response from your facilitator that satisfies you, then you should certainly contact Joe or another CGC employee directly regarding your issues. They have asked that people come to them directly (by phone or by email) and give them a chance to intercede on your behalf and fix the problem that the facilitator has been unable/unwilling to fix.

If they can't help you then blast away, but give them a chance to get your facilitator in line.

You shouldn't have to go to extraordinary means to get what you've paid for, but if Joe and CGC are willing to get involved on your behalf, you should take them up on it immediately.

Cool,...but "contact the facilitator"...does not work, if they are not answering. And CGC told me, without an invoice number, they can't do anything.

Oh so you've contacted CGC already? I didn't know that.

I would try emailing or calling Joe directly with a description of the books, the sigs, the amount you paid, the shows they were to be signed at and a full breakdown of the information you've asked for and when, including the invoice number problem and lack of communication.

Joe needs to know all that information if he's going to try and help.

Fair enough!

Oh so you've contacted CGC already? I didn't know that.

I would try emailing or calling Joe directly with a description of the books, the sigs, the amount you paid, the shows they were to be signed at and a full breakdown of the information you've asked for and when, including the invoice number problem and lack of communication.

Joe needs to know all that information if he's going to try and help.

Yeah, that's the next step, people told me to do....but I wanted to give DWC a chance, before I squeal...

So does CGC not hold facilitators to certain standards? I would think if you get one who is screwing people over and over that CGC would revoke their right to be a part of the Sig Series.

:popcorn: