• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have issues with Desert Wind?

92 posts in this topic

Some of these SS threads have become a breeding ground for negativity and we (cgc) are tired of it. If someone has or is having a bad experience with a facilitator, contact the facilitator or contact us to see what we can do. Airing dirty laundry is not the way to go about doing this kind of thing. Giving someone a "black-eye" in a public forum and inviting others to do the same will not fly here anymore. Also it is not just SS collectors/dealers who read these threads. A number of creators read them as well and have commented on how hostile the SS room is. I will be reposting the facilitator & CAW guidelines and code of conduct again.

Cool,...but "contact the facilitator"...does not work, if they are not answering. And CGC told me, without an invoice number, they can't do anything.

Oh so you've contacted CGC already? I didn't know that.

I would try emailing or calling Joe directly with a description of the books, the sigs, the amount you paid, the shows they were to be signed at and a full breakdown of the information you've asked for and when, including the invoice number problem and lack of communication.

Joe needs to know all that information if he's going to try and help.

As much as I can relate to being frustrated as a customer and questioning how many hoops I need to jump through for my books I would take this advice. CGC and specifically Joe are very interested in improving the SS program. If you called a CGC CSR then the company line is that they have no information without an invoice number. This is what all CSR's should say for various reasons.

Never had an issue with them, excellent service for each transaction i have with them.

:whistle:

Pirate buddy oh pal.

Is there an issue with my post? If so please let me know. What are you assuming with your favorite whistle smiley? Let’s just air your issue with my post out in this public forum.

All I was doing was answering a question that the op asked, is that a crime? In the end it’s my opinion.

If my identity is an issue ask the folks over at cgc to please look into this crime of identity theft. I did pay for membership over at The Collector Society with my credit card. So if I am not David Ramirez that means I broke the law right?

So I hope this answered some questions you may have. Hope you have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend.

God Bless

Sincerely

David Ramirez (Father and Son)

???

Just wanted to know what his :whistle: was about. If he is going quote me, and only leave an icon. I think i deserve an explanation.

Asking why and answering a bunch of possible accusations are two totally different things. Your post makes me think "He doth protest too much" ;)

???

Just wanted to know what his :whistle: was about. If he is going quote me, and only leave an icon. I think i deserve an explanation.

Asking why and answering a bunch of possible accusations are two totally different things. Your post makes me think "He doth protest too much" ;)

I might have went a little over board, and for that much I am sorry.

With attempting to answer all those possible assumptions i try to just put everything on the table. Which may not be good characteristic in cyber world can seem a little obnoxious .

With future postings i will just keep it a whole lot simple. Instead of sounding like a rambler. :)

I've never had any issues with DWC either. Books always came back the same grade, but you always run the risk of a grade change depending on how the creator handles your book when they sign that is out of the facilitator's control. Did get a grade bump from 6.0 to 6.5 on my Xmen #1.

Be forewarned books take a while to get back, but this is normal with any facilitator (unless you get the books fast tracked) especially when the convention season starts up, CGC gets a pile o books in to grade & they get behind.

If by 'issues' you mean 'comics' then...yes I do.

In all seriousness, any minor 'issues' I have pale in comparison to the major 'wins'.

As previously mentioned I would suggest reaching out to other boardees who offer similar services. This year (approaching my one year anniversary of SS collecting) I plan to test the waters using multiple people to see who delivers the best service.

Never had an issue with them, excellent service for each transaction i have with them.

Pirate buddy oh pal.

Is there an issue with my post? If so please let me know. What are you assuming with your favorite whistle smiley? Let’s just air your issue with my post out in this public forum.

All I was doing was answering a question that the op asked, is that a crime? In the end it’s my opinion.

If my identity is an issue ask the folks over at cgc to please look into this crime of identity theft. I did pay for membership over at The Collector Society with my credit card. So if I am not David Ramirez that means I broke the law right?

So I hope this answered some questions you may have. Hope you have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend.

God Bless

Sincerely

You're not my buddy, sorry. Who questioned your identity? Why feeling so guilty?

You are correct rtecbot,

(Facilitator delays not CGC) Books may and very well can take as long as 8 months to 1 year to get back to an individual.

These are just a FEW possible examples for the delays:

Facilitator lost the books or lied about losing the books, did not actually submit the books to CGC for 4+ months after the intended Convention submission, procrastinated 2 days into a 3 day con and failed to do onsite grading as promised, or overlooked doing books as fast track.

These examples all have obvious tiered excuses and blames.

Pirate buddy oh pal.

Is there an issue with my post? If so please let me know. What are you assuming with your favorite whistle smiley? Lets just air your issue with my post out in this public forum.

All I was doing was answering a question that the op asked, is that a crime? In the end its my opinion.

God Bless

Sincerely

You're not my buddy, sorry. Who questioned your identity? Why feeling so guilty?

Im not feeling guilty of anything.

Now are you going to say why you quoted me in the first place?

If you cannot say what you meant by :whistle: then I will just take it as you are a person that is just attempting to raise his post count, and my issue would be dropped.

Just like to say this whole exchange between you and I could have been avoided if you would have ignored my original post instead of quoting it.

Thank You

David

Some of these SS threads have become a breeding ground for negativity and we (cgc) are tired of it. If someone has or is having a bad experience with a facilitator, contact the facilitator or contact us to see what we can do. Airing dirty laundry is not the way to go about doing this kind of thing. Giving someone a "black-eye" in a public forum and inviting others to do the same will not fly here anymore. Also it is not just SS collectors/dealers who read these threads. A number of creators read them as well and have commented on how hostile the SS room is. I will be reposting the facilitator & CAW guidelines and code of conduct again.

+1

All of this has been hashed and rehashed in past threads. I know a lot of people have had issues with DWC... But come on.. Ultimately, this discussion always degrades down to "I like them..vs. I don't.

I guess I it comes down to this; if you have a bad experience and or do like them, then by all means, don't use them!

There are other Lee signature opportunities... If DWC has customer service issues, and they are unresponsive, the market place will shift from them to other facilitators. Loss in revenue does create change. Hell Stan Lee himself must have a say in all of this… If he thought DWC was bad for his image he would no longer use them.

However, the wrangling back and forth will not create change, it is just becoming an embarrassment. Joe is right; creators and artist do read this forum, and I hate to think what they think about all of this… and us.

My apologies Pirate,

As this was a thread pertaining to DWC and not all facilitators. I should not have assumed it was obvious the comments were directed at DWC and not at all facilitators.

You are correct rtecbot,

(Facilitator delays not CGC) Books may and very well can take as long as 8 months to 1 year to get back to an individual.

These are just a FEW possible examples for the delays:

Facilitator lost the books or lied about losing the books, did not actually submit the books to CGC for 4+ months after the intended Convention submission, procrastinated 2 days into a 3 day con and failed to do onsite grading as promised, or overlooked doing books as fast track.

These examples all have obvious tiered excuses and blames.

Ziazmere, Facilitator is not to blame all the time (wish people would stop ragging on the facilitators all the time, different groups have different quirks), there are many reasons why a book may get delayed.

I have personally gotten books signed & submitted books to CGC & got the invoice number & waited 6 months for some books.

Some I have waited more close to a year with multiple signatures across different facilitators I might add. In my case I also have multiple copies of books done from different facilitators with different signatures due to the schedule (book cannot be at two places at the same time).

Some even longer because the creator decides to cancel a show & the show fails to update their website. This is where Facebook status & emails to artist reps come in handy. MedicAR's thread is a good resource to figure out where a creator is going to be along with which facilitators are going to be present.

Collectors need to chill, adapt, & wait. As umyeahwhatevers mentioned there are multiple ways & multiple oppportunities to get your books done.

Collectors need to chill, adapt, & wait.

I don't really think thaty is a issue with most Collectors. And most of us know that we all have several ways to get the signatures we all need on our books. But if a person has taken every action one could to contact that facilitator and been patinet in every way one can. And yet very little contact back and forth then that needs to be dealt with. But how? waite another 6months?

I think several people have made it clear that they have taken the correct route in dealing with these issues. Most have said they have contacted via email, phone, face to face. And yet still have the same issues on the same books over 3 or 6 month period.

Patience goes a long way. I'm currently waiting on four books from a private signing that I had originally sent to a facilitator back in October. He wasn't able to get them signed until February though. They'll get here when the get here. I'm just happy he was able to get them done for me.