• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday STAR WARS MAY 25, 1977

32 posts in this topic

I was 5, and we had to wait 2 weeks to get in a theatre to see it. My life began when the toys were released the following year.

Was 5 as well. Don't know exactly when I saw it but it must have been in the summer sometime as I saw it at the Drive In :cloud9:

The toys were life changing and remember getting Ben and Darth first. I immediately switched the light sabers as I thought Vader looked so much better with a blue one. Lost him at school the next day and when the Vader was finally replaced both my Ben and Vader had orange light sabers my entire life.

Jim

I remember well, because I was scared of Vader. The world is a large place at 5, and seeing something booming on screen like that left a mark. The first toys I had were the death star station, and the x-wing fighter. I had the vader and Luke with the double telescope, and I thought they were all like that. Of course, they're long gone. doh! The toys were always the highlight of christmas for us. We used to circle every last toy and figure in the sears catalog months before Christmas. Ahh, the good old days.

My 3 siblings were teens and i was just a 12-year-old kid,so i spent a lot of time reading Famous monsters,Starlog and Fangoria mags.

So when this came out it literally blew me away and to this day i credit this film in helping me write stories and becoming a screenwriter....especially when people laugh when i say it.

I can figure out pretty quick the two most boring hours in my dads life.Thanks dad !

And im one of the very few human beings waiting for this little nostalgia-filled film to come out.

Hopefully it will see the light of day soon,but so far.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326716/

So thanks to the George Lucas of 1977 !

I remember some of my friends from school camped out in the queue to see it. My mother wouldnt let me.

When we went down on the morning to the cinema, I was the next one behind them in the queue after they had been there 2 days. lol

I greatly enjoyed reading the Star Wars #1 comic with Chaykin art before the movie came out summer, 1977. Spellbinding! The 1st 5 minutes still resonates (worship) whenever u see it even on dvd:

starwars1.jpg

I was 11 and didn't see it until a few weeks after it was out. When I did, it was a revelation! I was enthralled and saw it another 4 times over the course of a year. Didn't it stay in the theaters for almost a year back then? Of course, videos weren't a consideration then.

I was eleven years old when I saw it in July of '77 with my father and brother at a tiny theater in Wildwood, New Jersey. Even with the small screen and crummy sound, the movie was awesome.