• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any one else like the sound of DEBRIS from Image?

15 posts in this topic

Debris #1

Story by:

Kurtis J WiebeArt By:

Riley Rossmo

Price:$3.50 Diamond ID:MAY120516 On Sale:July 25, 2012

In the far future, humanity has doomed planet earth to rot and decay, covering her surface with garbage. Now, ancient spirits called the Colossals rise from the debris and attack the remaining survivors, forcing the human race to the brink of extinction. One warrior woman, Maya, sets out to find the last source of pure water to save the world before the monsters bring it all to an end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The future looks bleak for humankind in DEBRIS, the new Image Comics/Shadowline mini-series by the co-creators of the critically acclaimed GREEN WAKE, Kurtis J. Wiebe (PETER PANZERFAUST, GRIM LEAPER) and Riley Rossmo (REBEL BLOOD, COWBOY NINJA VIKING). Earth itself, covered with the detritus of civilization, has risen up against humans, as ancient spirits called the Colossals take physical forms constructed from the debris to wage war against the destructive species.

In the midst of this chaos, a warrior woman named Maya becomes the champion of humankind. She sets out to find the world’s last source of pure water, combatting Colossals along the way as she fights to save her fellow humans.

“I’m very fond of Scandinavian and European folklore, so I injected a lot of those concepts into the monsters that will appear throughout the series,” Wiebe told Comic Book Resources in an April 25th interview. “It’s also very influenced by Native American (Canadian) mythology and even a touch of Mayan for some of the creatures. I like the idea that all these ancient monsters were once part of our world and have returned to end us when we are at our weakest.”

With a look inspired by video games like Final Fantasy, DEBRIS boasts extraordinary creature design by Rossmo and vivid colors by Owen Gieni (AVENGELYNE) that set the comic apart from many other post-apocalyptic visions of Earth.

I heard it's been optioned for a TV series.

What? Man, my agent is really behind in keeping me in the loop!

Check out the 8 page teaser on Ifanboy! (2 of the pages are double page spreads)

http://ifanboy.com/articles/interview-kurtis-wiebe-on-debris-plus-exclusive-preview-art-from-riley-rossmo/

We've developed a pretty huge world for this, but we're pretty certain it'll remain a 4 issue mini as I tie things up pretty tight at the end.

But, never say never!

No for me.

4 parter with nowhere else to go.