• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Bullets - Series SPOILERS

7 posts in this topic

OK, so I've read the series a few times now up to the current issue (#50). Issue #50 present a startling discovery (at least for me....and maybe I'm reading too much into it....).

We've known since early on that there are 7 Minutemen. Graves has recently activated them all. Well, in Issue #50 we meet this new character who is, obviously, a Minuteman. We learn that he was activated just prior to Graves meeting Dizzy (the guy is "activated" underneath the "Ell" in Chi-town).

Way back in Issue #8 (I think), Graves mentions that he has "activated a Minuteman in Chicago". Up until issue #50, I had (as I assume everyone else did) that he was talking about Dizzy. Now, we know it's this new guy!

So, I've made up a list of all the "current" Minutemen. Is my list f'ed up? (Sorry for the rambling...having a hard time getting my thoughts together on this one....):

Confirmed Minutemen (activated by "Croatoa" and/or shown in AC flashbacks):

Cole

Milo

Wylie

"New Guy"

Are they Minutemen?:

"The Junkie"

Loop

Dizzy

Lono

So, there's 8. Could Dizzy be replacement for Milo? What are your thoughts?

To revive this thread a bit, since 100 Bullets is one of my favorite books right now...

I'm not up on the details of the story, and I loaned my TPBs to a friend so I can't reread at the moment, but from reading back issues and the top of my head:

I don't think Dizzy is a Minuteman, at least not yet. In her single issue story (which I read last night), Graves and Shepherd talk about her not being ready. But since Azzarello started with her and she is a significant character, my bet is that she will be a Minuteman and she will play a HUGE role in the end of the 100 Bullets story.

Lono is dead. He can't be a Minuteman,

I'll have to get back to you on Loop. My plan is to get my TPBs back and reread everything I have. I'm still missing a story or two, but between back isues and TPBs, I have almost everything.

Thanks for replying! cool.gif

I don't remember Lono dying.....Did he die in the "prison arc"? Milo is the only one I know that is definately dead.

I agree w/ you on your Dizzy point. She and Cole seem to be the two biggest players so far (other than Graves).

Are you reading the series as it comes out (and just have some catch up), or do you read the trades only?

Did Lono die in the single-issue story, #40? In that story, he killed one of the Trust leaders with a baseball bat in the park then was set up with $1000 bills from the bank robbery. He was shot by the police in the end. The last page shows him dead in the bar's doorway.

I came to 100 Bullets fairly recently, about issue 45. I bought the first four trades, read those, read Counterfifth Detective, the tiger story, and am now filling in the few issues I've missed. I do buy the single issues now as they come out -- must get my Azzarello/Risso fix. Just a few days ago I read most of the single-issue stories. I'd like to read everything in order once I get a few holes in the collection filled. I may just buy the remaining trades so I have everything handy on the bookshelf.

Did Lono die in the single-issue story, #40? In that story, he killed one of the Trust leaders with a baseball bat in the park then was set up with $1000 bills from the bank robbery. He was shot by the police in the end. The last page shows him dead in the bar's doorway.

Nope. He survived. The arc right before the "Tiger Story" was a 6-issue story w/ Loop in prison. While there, the prison gets a new inmate...Lono. Was the last arc that had Shepard in it. He's been MIA since then. Graves too (except in flashbacks).

The stand-alones were sweet. I've got the entire color guide to the Graves issue (#41). When I met Azz, he said that was one of the last hand done color guides that Trish did before she went digital. Would love to have the final page to the Wylie arc (where Graves hands him the briefcase w/ the pic of Shepard! 893whatthe.gif).

One of these days, I'll get my pages scanned and post them up. You'd dig it!