• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VTCOMICS Auction #5 - BIDDING CLOSED! OFFICIAL RESULTS POSTED!

180 posts in this topic

Phil, a quick note on Action 225...I bid the same as Heath @ 10:00 and then (realizing I had the same bid) I tried to squeeze in $15, but it came in at 10:01. In my mind, that should be Heath's as I don't think my bid at 10:00 should count for a 2 minute bump as it wasn't a correct bid. Should be Heath's for $14 if you want my opinion :foryou:

An honest Boardie Bidder... :o

We all have our moments of weakness ;)

Phil, a quick note on Action 225...I bid the same as Heath @ 10:00 and then (realizing I had the same bid) I tried to squeeze in $15, but it came in at 10:01. In my mind, that should be Heath's as I don't think my bid at 10:00 should count for a 2 minute bump as it wasn't a correct bid. Should be Heath's for $14 if you want my opinion :foryou:

Not sure I completely understand the two minute rule anyway...all is good either way...bargain hunting as always :devil:

So how does it feel to be back?

You're a good man. Snake gets it then. (thumbs u

Phil, I'll have you a tentative list here in just a few minutes. Everything is of course subject to your final approval, but at least it'll help (thumbs u

Phil, I'll have you a tentative list here in just a few minutes. Everything is of course subject to your final approval, but at least it'll help (thumbs u

Damn stepping aside on an Action...slaving away on a bid list...rock on my friend :headbang:

So how does it feel to be back?

Feels great...I do so love comic books :cloud9:

Rangers 26- 4 $138

Archie 14- $40

Wings 43- $35

All American 62- $185

Wings 90- $30

Jumbo 87- $14

CDNP 49- $15

Adventure 219- $40

Daredevil 34 $8

"Edited bid": :baiting:doh!

Bad form and thanks for the heads up...maybe that makes an earlier bid good :wishluck:

*sigh* As I explained. I cut and pasted from the list and left peoples names on it. I just removed the names. Regardless, my bids are good because they're within the 2-minute window even counting the edited time.

Well, the jury has assembled to discuss (me and my dog). We have decided MLMeade's bids are VALID because:

A- Michael is about as straight up a guy as there is; if he says he just removed name then we take him for his word; and

B- As he said, even if edited they were still within the 2 minute window; so it's all good.

That said, i think we may have the origin of a new rule for Auction 6 pertaining to edited posts that contain bids! Thoughts?

OFFICIAL FINAL BID RESULTS VTCOMICS AUCTION #5

Sold via BUY NOW-

TTA 59 to godquest $20

ASM 19 to MLMeade $66

Startling 30 to Shadroch $50

Detective 251 to godquest $55

Adventure 216 to ironman4472 $15

High bids-

Rangers 26- MLMeade $138

FF 9- Snake Eyes $28

Archie 14- Snake Eyes $43

Plastic Man 55- Snake Eyes $14

Wings 43- MLMeade $35

ASM 18- Snake Eyes $42

Action 215- godquest $70

Action 216- godquest $75

Action 218- ironman4472 $75

Fighting Yank 12- genrizod $75

All American 62- MLMeade $185

ASM 38-40 group- spideyfan76 $50

Adventure 219- Snake Eyes $43

Wings 90- comicparadox $35

Jumbo 87- Snake Eyes $18

Batman 130- Shadroch $8

Batman 131- godquest $10

CDNP 49- MLMeade $15

TTA 36- Snake Eyes $10

TTA 40- Skynwalker $18

TTA 60- Shadroch $8

Daredevil 34- MLMeade $8

Action 220- Snake Eyes $18

Action 223- Snake Eyes $3

Action 225- Snake Eyes $14

Boy Comics 101- Snake Eyes $1

Adventure 215- Snake Eyes $2

Couple of other important notes:

I had accidentally posted the bids for Fighting Yank 12 as Startling 12. This probably threw TheGeneral a bad curve ball and most likely explains his $50 bid; not knowing genrizod had a valid $75 bid already for the FY 12. Thus, I owe Paul a deal on some other book I have over here...maybe another Nedor?? :foryou:

Shadroch had bid on Batman 127. Problem is, there wasn't a Batman 127 in the auction! doh! And I didn't catch the goof either and posted it. :facepalm:

But, this one apparently didn't cause any problems as some other bidders realized the 2 Batman's in the auction were 130 and 131 and bid accordingly.

I'll start working on the invoices tomorrow while at work. The boss is out of town. :devil:

Thanks to Skynwalker for helping sorting out the madhouse at the end of the auction. Free shipping for you bro! Thanks to all bidders and folks who just stopped by to watch the fun. And of course thanks to CGC for hosting. :acclaim:

It was cool.

I was "sniped" while eating dinner, but I know there will be another chance for some cool GA books to enjoy and hand down to my son, in the days to come.

Thanks for the auction action, VTComics!

Rangers 26- 4 $138

Archie 14- $40

Wings 43- $35

All American 62- $185

Wings 90- $30

Jumbo 87- $14

CDNP 49- $15

Adventure 219- $40

Daredevil 34 $8

Bad form and thanks for the heads up...maybe that makes an earlier bid good :wishluck:

*sigh* As I explained. I cut and pasted from the list and left peoples names on it. I just removed the names. Regardless, my bids are good because they're within the 2-minute window even counting the edited time.

Well, the jury has assembled to discuss (me and my dog). We have decided MLMeade's bids are VALID because:

A- Michael is about as straight up a guy as there is; if he says he just removed name then we take him for his word; and

B- As he said, even if edited they were still within the 2 minute window; so it's all good.

That said, i think we may have the origin of a new rule for Auction 6 pertaining to edited posts that contain bids! Thoughts?

Thanks Phil. I knew it was going to cause controversy as soon as I clicked submit. Which was about 2-seconds too late. If there truly is any hard feelings, I'll bow out. This is supposed to be fun. :)

Rangers 26- 4 $138

Archie 14- $40

Wings 43- $35

All American 62- $185

Wings 90- $30

Jumbo 87- $14

CDNP 49- $15

Adventure 219- $40

Daredevil 34 $8

Thanks Phil. I knew it was going to cause controversy as soon as I clicked submit. Which was about 2-seconds too late. If there truly is any hard feelings, I'll bow out. This is supposed to be fun. :)

No worries mate. Your bids were fair and square. (thumbs u