• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Premium Membership - Sounds Too Good To Be True?

28 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I did a search and could not find any previous threads about this. Also, I am not a shill. I am genuinely curious about this.

I am thinking about getting a Premium membership to CGC.

The main reason for this is the coupon for 4 free "standard" submissions. (The direct submissions and 10% discount are good too...)

Normally, a "standard" submission is $60/book. Therefore, 4 "standard" submissions would cost $240.00. With the coupon, this is reduced to about $31.25/book (which is less than the Economy tier), for a total of $125 (membership fee).

Also, "standard" submission turnaround time is listed as anywhere from 40-100 business days (per CGC's website today). With the coupon, it apparently gives you a 15 day turnaround time.

Therefore, my question is, am I missing something? Is there a downside to the coupon? Is there a limit on the age of the book I submit (like there is in the "modern" tier), etc?

It really does sound too good to be true as I doubt I would submit many more than 4 books a year anyways.

Thanks!

....they give you a super deal so they can get the hook in you.....turn you into a drooling slab zonbie. It almost always works. Nothing beats the rush of opening a package of fresh slabs from the CGC. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Concerning the membership is it a year by year contract or can it be a one time purchase by check?

hm

It's purchased one year at a time with an option to auto-renew.

Thanks! (thumbs u

By the way, I'm very excited. I'm going to use my coupon on 4 issues of X-Force #1 that I found in my basement. They have some water damage but are otherwise solid 7.0's

Unfortunately all copies of X-Force share the same defect in that they all contain Rob Liefeld art.

CGC will downgrade them appropriately.