• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain to me Amazing Spiderman 509???

50 posts in this topic

I finally looked at last week's issue of Comic Shop News (CSN) this morning - they show the cover of ASM #511, which shows Spidey unmasking...Gwen Stacy. foreheadslap.gif

Is the Gwen clone from ASM #144 (cameos a couple of issues before as well) still alive? It's been a while since I read the '90s clone saga where she made an appearance...I don't remember if they killed her off or not.

OK I'm at a loss here...

I thought Aunt May died in issue 400.

I sold a modern lot recently and it had a 400 and I read it before selling it.

tonofbricks.gif

OK I'm at a loss here...

tonofbricks.gif

It was an actress pertending to be Aunt May hired by the either HARRY OR NORMAN oSBORN who actually died.

OK I'm at a loss here...

tonofbricks.gif

It was an actress pertending to be Aunt May hired by the either HARRY OR NORMAN oSBORN who actually died.

It just gets too complicated. 893frustrated.gif

So what do we have left? Time travel alternates? The Gwen clone and her son, fathered by Peter/Ben? Gwen clone's son and daughter? Professor Warren's illegitimate Jackal-kids?

Well first off....the Gwen clone was revealed not to be a clone at all in a Spectacular Spider-Man Annual. I know some have said that the G clone showed up in a later Spider-Man but the annual is the story that should be canon.

With that said....I can only imagine that the two are Warren clones of Peter and Gwen or, god forbid, they have Gwen return and say a clone died at the Washington Bridge. If Norman Osborn can return then anything's game apparently. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Maybe Straz is trying to retcon the original clone story in some way? confused-smiley-013.gif

Either way, it's a cheap marketing ploy by Marvel to even hint at having Gwen return. I mean damn....doesn't Marvel have any original ideas anymore? mad.gif

Jim

Here's a theory I found on the internet at CPG...

"c'mon guys its obvious that the guy who took off the mask looks like peter parker. Looks awfully close to peter parker.

Here's my take.

Strazcynski found a point in continuity he could really use. That's what makes JMS soo friggin' great. The guy and girl are peter's children. Gwen Stacy was pregnant with parker's twins and gave birth to them while in france. She returned but died too quickly to warn peter about them.

Think about what peter says in this issue. He senses two people. but the person on the right, feels exactly like the person on the left. But the voices are different. These are his twin children. They must have been raised by someone who hates parker. they seem to have his powers or part of them. Also they knew about Peter Parker but didn't know he was spider-man. After seeing him leap over them a good 50 feet to the safety of a nearby truck, they now realize what they are dealing with.

That's why the shadowy figures say, "did you see that (peter leaping)?", "yes, it sure explains alot, (i.e. where did we get our powers from - our father peter parker, who obviously has powers).

Of course there is some villian of peter parker's behind this. It can only be either Norman or Harry Osborn. cause only they are soo close to peter and are capable of causing this hard. But who would have raised them all this time? hmmm ... not so sure then who is involved now that I think about it.

But what couldn't gwen tell peter. Hell, if talking about an accidental pregnancy isn't hard, i don't know what is."

Here's a theory I found on the internet at CPG...

"c'mon guys its obvious that the guy who took off the mask looks like peter parker. Looks awfully close to peter parker.

Here's my take.

Strazcynski found a point in continuity he could really use. That's what makes JMS soo friggin' great. The guy and girl are peter's children. Gwen Stacy was pregnant with parker's twins and gave birth to them while in france. She returned but died too quickly to warn peter about them.

Think about what peter says in this issue. He senses two people. but the person on the right, feels exactly like the person on the left. But the voices are different. These are his twin children. They must have been raised by someone who hates parker. they seem to have his powers or part of them. Also they knew about Peter Parker but didn't know he was spider-man. After seeing him leap over them a good 50 feet to the safety of a nearby truck, they now realize what they are dealing with.

That's why the shadowy figures say, "did you see that (peter leaping)?", "yes, it sure explains alot, (i.e. where did we get our powers from - our father peter parker, who obviously has powers).

Of course there is some villian of peter parker's behind this. It can only be either Norman or Harry Osborn. cause only they are soo close to peter and are capable of causing this hard. But who would have raised them all this time? hmmm ... not so sure then who is involved now that I think about it.

But what couldn't gwen tell peter. Hell, if talking about an accidental pregnancy isn't hard, i don't know what is."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That is as plausible as it is terrible. Somehow this will result in another Spider-Man or X-Men book, too. I can feel it.

OK I'm at a loss here...

tonofbricks.gif

You actually read comics?!!? 893whatthe.gif

sumo.gif

I thought I'd read it (or at least flip through it) to see how she finally died.

And in the OS guide it lists ASM 400 as the "Death of Aunt May" right? confused.gif

Yes. I thought she died too.

lol that's why late 1990s Amazing Spiderman will always remain the worst comics ever made.

They took back almost everything that occured. Screwed continuty. Came up with lame excuses like aunt may really being an actress who died....brought back Norman Osborn. And we never found out what really happened to peter and mary jane's baby....

Oh man.....I'm really hoping this new storyline doesnt screw up the continuty even more

Well first off....the Gwen clone was revealed not to be a clone at all in a Spectacular Spider-Man Annual.

So what the heck was she?

If I remember correctly I think Dr. Warren (The Jackel) took some girl from thier class and litteraly molded her into gwen. Screwed with her dna,gave her plastic surgery, brainwashed her memories, stuff like that.

Could this be any more stupid? I mean really. Trying to figure out the clone thing with GS back or not back....robot parents....??? Man oh man, is this really what comics have come too AGAIN. I hope that it turns out to be something totaly different... confused.gif

If I remember correctly I think Dr. Warren (The Jackel) took some girl from thier class and litteraly molded her into gwen. Screwed with her dna,gave her plastic surgery, brainwashed her memories, stuff like that.

Okay, the guy cloned Parker, he cloned himself, and he suddenly goes to all that work to "create" a Gwen Stacy using conventional means?

Gimme a freakin break. Just another way for Marvel to play with Gwendy and not use the "clone" word.