• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain to me Amazing Spiderman 509???

50 posts in this topic

The little blurb says the issue will introduce two new characters. Gotta be those two. He does look alot like Peter Parker. I don't read this series, so I really don't know. blush.gif

The little blurb says the issue will introduce two new characters. Gotta be those two. He does look alot like Peter Parker. I don't read this series, so I really don't know. blush.gif

Oh gosh I sure hope it's not another clone.... 893frustrated.gif

Paging Joe Collector......Paging Joe Collector

Somehow I doubt it.

This is a pretty good issue! Looking forward to the rest of the arc.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I tell's ya, it looks like Ben Reilly. 893whatthe.gif

... and Gwen Stacy... 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Here's some numbers from my nerd-mind...

1st appearance of Ben Reilly... ASM 149.

This issue... ASM 509.

509 - 149 = 360.

360 issues = 30years, exactly.

Coincidence?

Guess I won't have to buy the issue now that I've read the whole thing.

Of course Deodado's art is nice to look at, the story is interesting but seems mainly to be a setup for the continued series.

I don't think the guy looks too much like PP and I really hope that the gal isn't Gwen. It's hard to tell between the different art styles(modern vs bronze) but the gal looks too skinny for Gwen. Hopefully it will be some long lost sister or such. Anything but more clones.

This issue... ASM 509.

509 - 149 = 360.

Coincidence?

do your numbers include months where annuals were printed and those months in the early 90s where there were 2 issues per month, marked for example as early "month" or Late "month"?

This issue... ASM 509.

509 - 149 = 360.

Coincidence?

do your numbers include months where annuals were printed and those months in the early 90s where there were 2 issues per month, marked for example as early "month" or Late "month"?

Nope, I just kept it real simple... 360 issues... traditionally, that's 30 years.

In reality, it's 29 years. But I couldn't help noticing the "360" coincidence.

That's who I gathered it was also.....but the guy seemed surprised by Peter's use of his powers in escaping..... confused.gif

Quesada has already hinted at her return or at least somebody who looks like her.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

That's who I gathered it was also.....but the guy seemed surprised by Peter's use of his powers in escaping..... confused.gif

Quesada has already hinted at her return or at least somebody who looks like her.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Maybe it's Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy of Earth 2.

Opps...wait wrong comic company. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Maybe it's Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy of Earth 2.

Opps...wait wrong comic company. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Opps??? confused.gif

Man, i am glad i don't read modern Marvels 27_laughing.gif

For a moment there, it started to look like GS was being subbed in for Elektra. Maybe Gwen is resurrected by The Hand and she emerges from her burial?

Anyway, thank GOD the art is back on track. I really like that Goblin splash.

Okay, now the guy *does* look like Ben Reilly and it's obviously a Gwen Stacy-like character as his sidekick, but I really don't think Marvel will stoop to clones again.

So what do we have left? Time travel alternates? The Gwen clone and her son, fathered by Peter/Ben? Gwen clone's son and daughter? Professor Warren's illegitimate Jackal-kids?