• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!! www.pedigreecomics.com.....THE VAULT

58 posts in this topic

That Curator copy of ASM 1 looks pretty sweet. I am not that familiar with common defects of this issue, but I see a slight red hue around the title. Is it me, the scanner, or actually the book?

Common characteristic of the issue, although it is possible the scanner is distorting the color. If it is the scan, he or Tom should take another one, because my eye was drawn to that immediately since I'm so used to seeing it on that light-blue Spidey 1 cover; it seems to show even the slightest transfer stain more than most issues.

His market report sales prices seem much more reasonable then his prices on the site. Putting his purchases up could be a double-edged sword, now we know what he's paid for them if he decides to sell.

Douglas has also agreed to send detailed individual sales information to GPA. We will be including his data shortly and have a commitment from him on continued sales updates on a regular basis. From my communications with him, he is also committed to total transparency with his sales/purchases to the public. I think this only benefits sellers and buyers.

GP.

Does anyone know whether the 9.8 Spidey 1 is a pedigree copy? I had been wondering until now whether Brulato had resubmitted the Curator 1 9.6 to get a 9.8, but now that the Curator 1 is shown on Schmell's site, I guess that isn't the case.

Doug mentioned a while back in one of those pedigree threads that Tom bought it raw, but didn't say that it was from any particular pedigree. Does anyone know where he got it? Seems that any collection that has an ASM#1 in 9.8 should be a pedigree, if it isn't already. grin.gif

I'm almost positive the 9.8 ASM 1 is a Curator. Apparently, the Curator collection has doubles of ASM 1! 893whatthe.gif

So the 9.6 ASM 1s consist of Dougie's personal WM copy, this Curator copy and the non-pedigree copy currently held by JP.

I'm almost positive the 9.8 ASM 1 is a Curator. Apparently, the Curator collection has doubles of ASM 1! 893whatthe.gif

So the 9.6 ASM 1s consist of Dougie's personal WM copy, this Curator copy and the non-pedigree copy currently held by JP.

Orrrrr...he tried to resubmit the 9.8 to get a 10.0 and ended up with a lower grade!!!! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

I'm reasonably sure the 9.8 ASM #1 is not a Curator book. (I've seen both the 9.8 and the Curator copy in person.) I know there are some duplicate ASM Curator Spideys (like #12 and 15, I think.) Either way, they're all nice books.

To me, the bigger question is "Where's the Curator FF #1?" Is it one of the high grade FF #1s that's already been slabbed? Or is there another killer FF #1 out there that hasn't gone through Steve B's hands? Enquiring minds want to know.

Orrrrr...he tried to resubmit the 9.8 to get a 10.0 and ended up with a lower grade!!!! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I'm reasonably sure the 9.8 ASM #1 is not a Curator book. (I've seen both the 9.8 and the Curator copy in person.) I know there are some duplicate ASM Curator Spideys (like #12 and 15, I think.) Either way, they're all nice books.

To me, the bigger question is "Where's the Curator FF #1?" Is it one of the high grade FF #1s that's already been slabbed? Or is there another killer FF #1 out there that hasn't gone through Steve B's hands? Enquiring minds want to know.

Interesting. John Hauser had told me the 9.8 ASM 1 was Curator, and I figured he'd know. So is the 9.8 ASM 1 from any pedigree?

As to the Curator FF 1, the rumor is that it has been slabbed without being recognized, along with quite a few other Curators. Almost as important, where are the rest of the Curator FFs? Is there a 9.8 FF 3 out there to blow the Capt's mind?

27_laughing.gif.. In the vault section...was it absolutely neccesarry to put..

ASM #1 9.6

For sale only $175,000

Cmon! 893frustrated.gif was the word.. " ONLY" really needed there, or for that matter a appropriate .

lol.. there is nothing even remotely close to using the word.. "ONLY"..when paired with $175,000 in the same sentence.

27_laughing.gif

Unless it is for a $800,000 home.. and the for sale sign says..

For sale only $175,000

As to the Curator FF 1, the rumor is that it has been slabbed without being recognized, along with quite a few other Curators. Almost as important, where are the rest of the Curator FFs? Is there a 9.8 FF 3 out there to blow the Capt's mind?

The Curator FF #1 could be that CGC 9.4 copy Jay Parrino supposedly sold in 2002 that he recently tried to sell again on ebay; does anyone know the history of that one? All Hauser knows about the FF 1 is that it sold separately and has changed hands a few times.

None of the other Curator FFs from 2 to 100 have been graded...they're all locked up tight in a comic creator's personal collection. Hard to say whether he's even kept them in great shape, although I assume he paid close to Guide for them, so unless he's got money to burn, I suspect they're still in great condition. Dunno about "Curator"-quality condition, however. confused-smiley-013.gif

What's the deal with the Pacific Coast ASM #114? $50 seems a little bit low for a CGC 9.4 Pacific Coast, doesn't it?

Why am I not seeing this one?

He meant Spidey 144, not 114

Hi Ze-man,

The "for sale only" in this case means that bids at a lower price are not being considered. The meaning is a little unclear, but Doug's intent is not to market The Vault books as being "ONLY $$$ DOLLARS!!!"

I'm not sure that the books in the vault are priced to ever leave the vault. Of course I wouldn't know. Just looking at them gives me a nose bleed. But man are they beautiful. I held the Avengers 2 in my grubby little hands, and it was like holding a shard of St. Christopher's shin bone. WOW! I think it was the single most gorgeous example of any book I've ever seen. The yellow was so bright, I dreamt of Chiquita Banana all that night. (hmm, song lyric there?)

They are far, far beyond my means, but I don't think they are priced out of reach for a truly deep pocketed, dedicated collector. You'd have to really love these books to pay these prices, though. I don't think it's very likely that a pure speculator would snatch any of these as an investment, but I could be wrong.

Doug indicated in the Silver Age forum that he doesn't really want to sell them, but if I were him I'd be afraid someone will ante up. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy some lottery tickets... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hi Ze-man,

The "for sale only" in this case means that bids at a lower price are not being considered. The meaning is a little unclear, but Doug's intent is not to market The Vault books as being "ONLY $$$ DOLLARS!!!"

27_laughing.gif.. I hear ya.. was just being a silly billy earlier.