• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROJECT COMIC CON - St. Louis, MO June 9th and 10th!

14 posts in this topic

I know it's not on the same level as C2E2 in Chicago, or even close for that matter, but it's what we've got this year in St. Louis.

It's a BUYERS show, lots of good deals and if anything like previous years, plenty of long boxes full of discount comics.

If you live close (IL, AR, KS, etc.) it's a good show to come to as it has some great artists who are easy to access and CGC will be there!

Denny O'Neil

Jim Valentino

Kenneth Rocafort

Mike McKone

Clayton Henry

Angel Medina

Ebas

Pop Mhan

Javier Saltares

Robert Atkins

Steve Lightle

and a whole lot more!

For more info, check out: PROJECT COMIC CON ST. Louis

It's out in St. Louis county, the Westport area, which is nice and easy to get around. Lots of hotels throughout the area. A Hooters right around the corner. lol

Suburbs. Cheap comics. Easy access to creators. CGC.... I'm ready!

Note: I have no affiliation with this show, I just thought as a public service announcement, some people would be interested in seeing this.

It looks like a great show. I work that sat, is it worth going on a sun? For most 2 or 3 day events sun seems to be a crudy day as half the people are shut down and whatnot.

At the last one Graham Crackers closed up ahead of time and maybe one of other, but the rest stuck it out. I found plenty to buy both days.

This is Grimm Fairy Tales 2012 Annual Project Comic Con Exclusive Cover. (Steve from Zenescope)

539903_243848035719796_118146648289936_391976_2004348957_n.jpg

I am not a collector of any of the Zenescope comics but this is a great exclusive for the StL con.

I'll be there on Saturday. Hopefully to pick up a sketch or two.

Saltares cancelled a few days ago. I really wanted to get him to do a sketch for me and sign a few...dozen of my GR#1s. :cry:

First sketch cover DONE!

Miss Masque by Pop Mhan

Lettering by Joshua Dysart

IMAG0174.jpg

Pop and Josh are tabled right next to each other and pop worked on this for about 3 hours at the start of the convention. I am absolutely kicking myself as my Harbinger #1s wont be here until Monday and all the local stores are sold out. :cry:

Sketch two! by Tyler Sowles :cloud9:

IMAG0175.jpg

Always thought the powergirl original of this was neat and wanted a Miss Marvel version.

on another note best VIP refreshments ever! BEER!!

IMAG0176.jpg

i'll be picking up a Mckone vampire Jubilee and an adkins Miss Marvel tomorrow!

So far this has been a great convention:

Denny O'Neil signed:

Daredevil 18

X-men 65

Tech 851

Shazam 1

Iron man 179 (a favorite cover)

Jim Valentino signed:

What if 20/21

I got two sketches.

Thanos by Joe Dodd (who is a bargain)

Vampirella by Kenneth Rocafort, who is possibly the nicest person in the business that I've ever met.

I had to wait for a long time for Rocafort because he was doing incredible pieces of color art. Nothing about it could be considered a "sketch."

I would have waited twice as long as still have been happy.

Good show for sketches. Horrible show for buying. At least I didn't run across anything worth picking up.

Good show for sketches. Horrible show for buying. At least I didn't run across anything worth picking up.

I thought the exact same thing Saturday, but today was alittle different the stickers prices were the same but as I had time to talk to the vendors and exchange stories with them I ended up getting most items 25-50% off of sticker. I scored a very nice (F-VF) Captain Atom run (9 books all upgrade condition) and a Jumbo 97 (F-) for only 75$ and he threw in a Fighting Yank 24 (Miss Masque back up story) for free that I was eying but couldn't bring myself to buy due to being in very poor condition (two large chunks of the bottom cover missing).

All in all from what I saw these were typical Midwest sticker prices alittle high and about 6 months behind the trends but friendly and willing to negotiate.

On to my last two covers!

Miss Marvel by Brian Adkins

Untitled-7.jpg

Vampire Jubilee by Mike McKone!

Untitled-6.jpg

Also to offset and restore some of my petty cash fund I picked up two Clayton Henry splash pages from Spider Girl in pencils that I will eventually flip on Ebay.

Untitled-4.jpgIMAG0182.jpg

After an entire night of searching (I seriously called every local store) I found two copies of Harbinger #1 that I decided to split with someone who was also looking for one and got it signed (CGC) by Josh. As of 10AM this morning there was no one else who submitted on to CGC so I am hoping to have the first, although it will most likely only grade out to a 9.6.

IMAG0180.jpg

I seriously have a mancrush on him now! If even half of his personality can come out in his writing on Harbinger, Valiant will have a very good future ahead of itself!

Also another shout out to the VIP Lounge and more Beer!

IMAG0181.jpg