• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daily Grade: X-Men #34

45 posts in this topic

It might be interesting to point out that 5 of the books from this particular pedigree (the "tomato box" pedigree, starting at #23) were CGC'ed. The lowest grade received was 7.5, the highest was 8.5, and the lowest page quality was O/W.

Gentlemen, I am perplexed at your evaluations. confused-smiley-013.gif

are you saying that this book has been graded and it came out somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5? or are you saying it's from the same pedigree and, therefore, should probably be grading out in similar grades to the books that were already actually graded?

by the way, a "tomato box" pedigree would be cool.

It might be interesting to point out that 5 of the books from this particular pedigree (the "tomato box" pedigree, starting at #23) were CGC'ed. The lowest grade received was 7.5, the highest was 8.5, and the lowest page quality was O/W.

are you saying that this book has been graded and it came out somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5? or are you saying it's from the same pedigree and, therefore, should probably be grading out in similar grades to the books that were already actually graded?

I am saying the latter, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and thanks to FFB for coining the pedigree name, based on my storage method. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am saying the latter, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and thanks to FFB for coining the pedigree name, based on my storage method. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You should change your user name to "Tomato_Box" 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

The difference between the already slabbed examples you just posted and the raw X-Men 34 is that the first two slabs have spine creases but no reading creases. The third slab has less severe reading creases, and not as many spine creases than the #34.

Edit to clarify

That X-Men 34 is worse than these.

sorry.gif

I respectfully disagree. 893frustrated.gif but no matter, juggle.gif

The big difference is the reading crease near the left side and the spine and about 2/3 the way down. I know you don't want to see it, but it's there. If that crease wasn't there, I would say 7.0/7.5 range.

are you grading by your standards or CGC's standards? for me to give that book a grade of VG/FN 5.0, do a search on eBay for CGC 5.0's and you'll see why i gave it the grade that i did.

Supa, I don't believe that I have stated a grade for this book. (I just rejected all of yours!) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

That X-Men 34 is worse than these.

sorry.gif

I respectfully disagree. 893frustrated.gif but no matter, juggle.gif

The big difference is the reading crease near the left side and the spine and about 2/3 the way down. I know you don't want to see it, but it's there. If that crease wasn't there, I would say 7.0/7.5 range.

Well put, thank you Pete. hi.gif

That X-men 24 was lucky to get a 7.5.

I wouldn't go more than 6.0 with that spine. gossip.gif

Aces, and I thought CGC was an acronym for GOD! No photoshop here. 27_laughing.gifhi.gif They must have just been in a 7.5 kinda' day - huh?!? gossip.gif

I cant see that book being higher than 6.0 and was wanting to call it 5.0 because of the stuff going on the spine there! In my humble opinion this book isnt as nice as the Graded 7.5's!

Davidking623

And of course, DK, I respect that. hi.gif