• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 Page Club

44 posts in this topic

Do you think the covers would have looked better if they had omitted the smaller panels? I like the Unexpected # 162, but would like to see full cover art on it.

I agree. One of the many reasons I like the Detective 438-443 run so much is editor Archie Goodwin's decision to buck the trend of multi-panel cover art, and go for a complete single cover image (with only small head-shots across the bottom of the page).

The original DC Super-Spec series DC-4 to DC-22 generally had a primary cover image as well. Here's a trivia question for this thread: Besides the two runs noted here, anyone know of other examples of the 100 Page format with a single panel cover? (I don't know the answer, just curious!)

Action 437 (as mentioned by ultimatevenom) and Action 443 are the only ones with a complete single panel cover with nothing else.

Batman 254 is similar to the Detective covers and to a lessor extent, Shazam 8 with the circles surrounding Captain Marvel! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yah! I couldn't get access to a pic of Action 443 so i didn't know.

To begin with has anyone seen this sweet sweet Supes 252

What price do you think it will realize?

If you examine the back cover scan of this book, is there wear on the lower spine area,

or is that part of the cgc holder? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would guess holder confused-smiley-013.gif

just what we need another 100 pager thread. BTW I think Greggy has a 9.6 of that book.
Nope....I only have a 9.4. But...hopefully this thread will stay on topic! crazy.gif
unlike the other DC 100 page threads?

Just some rules:

1. Only DC 100 page talk.

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

Oops! I am so sorry for breaking your rule #2 again. Really I am. I just wanted you and everyone else to know (as if they didn't already) that high grade 100 pagers are plentiful. I repeat: PLENTIFUL.

Gobs and gobs of NM or better 100 pagers are sitting out there that have not, I repeat, HAVE NOT, been submitted to CGC yet. Those of us who have paid outrageous prices (Greggy, myself, and others) for high grade 100 pagers will not, I repeat, WILL NOT, ever be able to sell them for the price paid. Unless they (we) do it pretty damm quick.

Stay in school, Danny. 100 pagers are a poor investment.

Icefires,

It's not about getting back what you paid for them...

It's about collecting something you like and having the best copies thumbsup2.gif.

One of my 1st comics I ever received was the DC 100 Page #20 - Batman with TWO-FACE on the cover. Black and yellow cover. That was awesome to me.

I think that was about 1973. Then I got the #22 with Superboy. Great book if you ever read it.

After that I was hooked.

Superboy and the Legion #205 - Mike Grell did an awesome cover.

Superman #278 - Great Nick Cardy cover. Met him once and got a sketch from him.

Hey Ice, I saw that you bid on that Supes #278 on eBay... Nice book... good choice. thumbsup2.gif

just what we need another 100 pager thread. BTW I think Greggy has a 9.6 of that book.
Nope....I only have a 9.4. But...hopefully this thread will stay on topic! crazy.gif

Just some rules:

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

Oops! I am so sorry for breaking your rule #2 again. Really I am. I just wanted you and everyone else to know (as if they didn't already) that high grade 100 pagers are plentiful. I repeat: PLENTIFUL.

Gobs and gobs of NM or better 100 pagers are sitting out there that have not, I repeat, HAVE NOT, been submitted to CGC yet. Those of us who have paid outrageous prices (Greggy, myself, and others) for high grade 100 pagers will not, I repeat, WILL NOT, ever be able to sell them for the price paid. Unless they (we) do it pretty damm quick.

Why would i invest in 100 pagers?

You really are a 893censored-thumb.gif.

mad.gif Stop trolling people @$$hole and go back to the $h1thole you crawled out of with your low grade cr@p

Just some rules:

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

mad.gif Stop trolling people @$$hole and go back to the $h1thole you crawled out of with your low grade cr@p

popcorn.gif

Just some rules:

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

popcorn.gif
sleeping.gif

Just some rules:

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

popcorn.gif
sleeping.gif
Get the DC Special 6 yet? It's a good investment! 893whatthe.gif It is because I say so and that I want more people collecting it. Wait, I mean it's a poor investment so others won't try to collect them and jack up the price because I'm a poor mofo! cool.gif

Just some rules:

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

popcorn.gif
sleeping.gif
Get the DC Special 6 yet? It's a good investment! 893whatthe.gif It is because I say so and that I want more people collecting it. Wait, I mean it's a poor investment so others won't try to collect them and jack up the price because I'm a poor mofo! cool.gif

27_laughing.gif

I bought it because I love the cover..... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Jim

foreheadslap.gif Don't you notice the sarcasm? No wonder mensa rejected you! tonofbricks.gif

Jim

foreheadslap.gif Don't you notice the sarcasm? No wonder mensa rejected you! tonofbricks.gif

And you didn't notice mine? makepoint.giftongue.gif

Jim

ok, given:

DC $1 Comics

52 pagers

100 pagers

what kind of slab is CGC supposed to use? I'm clearly seeing inconsistencies, and the slab even looks warped slightly trying to accomodate the book 893whatthe.gif

Paging greggy....Paging greggy....

Icefires,

It's not about getting back what you paid for them...

It's about collecting something you like and having the best copies thumbsup2.gif.

One of my 1st comics I ever received was the DC 100 Page #20 - Batman with TWO-FACE on the cover. Black and yellow cover. That was awesome to me.

I think that was about 1973. Then I got the #22 with Superboy. Great book if you ever read it.

After that I was hooked.

Superboy and the Legion #205 - Mike Grell did an awesome cover.

Superman #278 - Great Nick Cardy cover. Met him once and got a sketch from him.

Hey Ice, I saw that you bid on that Supes #278 on eBay... Nice book... good choice. thumbsup2.gif

You're right. I'm hooked on them. My first was a low grade #6.

Just some rules:

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

You're right. I'm tired of being an hole.

Of course, you may continue to say what you wish, but I will be nice from now on.