• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST SAW SPIDER-MAN 2!

113 posts in this topic

At work I am known as a comicbook geek....

people who haven't picked up a comic in thier life keep coming up to me saying how much they loved spiderman and asking me all sorts of questions about the comics.

I think this is a very good thing for our hobby thumbsup2.gif

Did Alex Ross do the illustrations at the beginning of the movie?

Anyone catch Stan Lee's 1/60th of a second appearance?

Here is one of them.....enjoy

rossart9.jpg

Classic scene,one of many Alex has painted. thumbsup2.gif

WOW!! GREAT ART!! thumbsup2.gif

I just saw it tonight. Alfred Molina was good, and I loved the arms. J.K. Simmons as JJJ was brilliant, and the action scenes were a blast. The CG was spotty- especially the last sequence with those cartoon helicopters, but the "dramatic" scenes were a snooze, corny beyond belief, and the dialog would have embarrassed Stan Lee. The film had none of the heart of the 1st one. The action sequences topped the first movie, but otherwise it was cr@p.

I just saw it tonight. Alfred Molina was good, and I loved the arms. J.K. Simmons as JJJ was brilliant, and the action scenes were a blast. The CG was spotty- especially the last sequence with those cartoon helicopters, but the "dramatic" scenes were a snooze, corny beyond belief, and the dialog would have embarrassed Stan Lee. The film had none of the heart of the 1st one. The action sequences topped the first movie, but otherwise it was cr@p.

I respectfully disagree

I think you may have mis-posted. We are discussing the movie Spider-Man 2. insane.gif

...the "dramatic" scenes were a snooze, corny beyond belief, and the dialog would have embarrassed Stan Lee...

I loved the movie and all, but yeah, the touchy-feely scenes with PP and MJ, and PP and Aunt May, were incredibly cheesy...people were actually laughing at some of the lines! The pizza-web slinging scene and the elevator scene were cheesy comedic relief, but some of the dialogue was just too much...as in "I can't believe they actually had the characters say that!" I've read/seen several interviews with Kirsten Dunst and it's pretty clear she wants out after Spidey 3, Tobey too. I believe her quote was something like "Maybe they'll kill MJ off..." 893frustrated.gif

To answer the poster above, in the comics JJ junior is the Man-Wolf.

At work I am known as a comicbook geek....

people who haven't picked up a comic in thier life keep coming up to me saying how much they loved spiderman and asking me all sorts of questions about the comics.

I think this is a very good thing for our hobby thumbsup2.gif

Not if you have a picture of your Superman alter-ego at your desk... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

the touchy-feely scenes with PP and MJ, and PP and Aunt May, were incredibly cheesy

I have read this opinion a couple or three times (usually with the "people were actually laughing" thing thrown in for support) and I really don't get it. That "cheesiness" is an aspect of what made Marvel SA superhero books what they were, what helped form the characters and what differentiated them from the DC superheroes.

For my own support, the showing I went to was about 75% full and about 80% adults. No one laughed or giggled or whatever except during the scenes intended to elicit such a reaction.

SPOLIER POTENTIAL BELOW

V

V

V

V

And if you were Peter how else are you going to inform Aunt May about those circumstances? Put on a tuxedo and tap shoes and do a song and dance about it? Put on Jedi clothes, wield a light sabre and tell her cleverly over the course of a duel?

People see what they want to see, and yes, there were many laughs at inopportune times during the show I watched.

I remember saying the same thing to a Matrix Fanboy after crawling out of Matrix Revolutions. Virtually everyone in there was laughing, booing, throwing popcorn, leaving in disgust, etc. during the show, and he'd reply the same way you did... "No one did that in the show I went to".

confused-smiley-013.gif

I remember saying the same thing to a Matrix Fanboy after crawling out of Matrix Revolutions.

Yeah, but any Matrix passed #1 basically stank. 893applaud-thumb.gif

People laughing or not in the theater is a VERY "aside" point. Hoping my main points will be discussed by some.

the touchy-feely scenes with PP and MJ, and PP and Aunt May, were incredibly cheesy

I have read this opinion a couple or three times (usually with the "people were actually laughing" thing thrown in for support) and I really don't get it. That "cheesiness" is an aspect of what made Marvel SA superhero books what they were, what helped form the characters and what differentiated them from the DC superheroes.

For my own support, the showing I went to was about 75% full and about 80% adults. No one laughed or giggled or whatever except during the scenes intended to elicit such a reaction.

SPOLIER POTENTIAL BELOW

V

V

V

V

And if you were Peter how else are you going to inform Aunt May about those circumstances? Put on a tuxedo and tap shoes and do a song and dance about it? Put on Jedi clothes, wield a light sabre and tell her cleverly over the course of a duel?

Dunno, I went to the 9 PM show thursday night which was probably 90% full, and the crowd was into it. Early viewings of blockbusters like this always have animated crowds, which is why they're fun to go to! I'm gonna see it again and will revisit this issue, but as I left the theatre I was thinking about the review Pimpy linked and how if the movie was 15 minutes shorter, it would've been better.

I didn't post anything last week as I didn't want to be seen as a contrarian to all the "11 out of 10 stars!" reviews others gave it, and yes, the movie was good (especially the whole origin of Ock and the action scenes), but it didn't blow me away. Someone here even said it was "Oscar Worthy!", I don't think so. confused-smiley-013.gif