• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

22 posts in this topic

Amazing Spiderman #129 CGC NM 9.4 SOLD! OW/White Pages and this beauty just came back from CGC! $950 with Free Shipping, Paypal M/O or Check, priced below the annual average GPA for each of the last 3 years tracked.

Amazing Adventures #1 1961 CGC 5.5 SOLD!

Justice League America #1. SOLD! Only light Pro Work with no pieces replaced! Book professionally restored by Matt Nelson, Classic Conservation, perhaps the most respected restoration guru in the world, pro certificate included! Matt professionally graded this book as a solid VG 4.0 Before restoration and a FN/VF after light restoration including cleaning, light support and moderate color touch, NO Pieces Added! Restoration is not for everyone, but it is light and very well done, so it is hard to put a value on it. GPA had a Slight Pro Restored 7.5 JLA #1 selling for $1,525 in 2008 (this book has skyrocketed in value since then!) and over $1,200 for a 7.0 with less desired amateur work that sold just recently in December, 2011 as the best resto comparables I could find. Trying to think of a great board price, $950 beats the VG value even before the fairly expensive high end resto and is way below the other resto GPA examples I found, so lets see if the masses agree. :baiting: Free Shipping!

Brave & Bold #29 2nd Ever JLA CGC 6.0 (tight old CGC label grading) and the last and only recent GPA sale in this grade was $600 recently! Finding this book offered in FN or higher condition is very difficult! Clearing out at $550 $535 plush cheapest shipping of your choice! LAST BOOK FROM THIS THREAD AND STILL AVAILABLE AT A GREAT PRICE THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING BEFORE THREAD IS CLOSED!

Need 30 day payment terms to save up? No problem with small deposit.

Sorry for the glare from my camera flash, the cases are obviously in perfect condition and there is no actual glare defect on the comics themselves. :)

Free US Shipping. Canadian shipping is at actual cost.

First :takeit: by either post or PM wins.

My Kudos/Feedback thread. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=5066117&Searchpage=3&Main=233790&Words=TC33&topic=0&Search=true#Post5066117

126725.jpg.562928e020b6245c0801f7a1894796c4.jpg

:o After great expense and 6 months of waiting for CGC to get through an unbelievably slow back log to grade this, you are just going to crack it out of the slab to read it???

:o After great expense and 6 months of waiting for CGC to get through an unbelievably slow back log to grade this, you are just going to crack it out of the slab to read it???

:takeit:lol

:takeit:lol

We have a new winner! Sold to the person who promises to keep it in the slab for posterity! :roflmao: Just Kidding!

Very nice issues of JLA #1 and Brave & Bold #29 the 2nd Ever Justice League just added at great prices! These books have really been heating up lately.

any reason you did not have the jla 1 graded?

CGC does not typically enhance the value of restored comics (at least after the high grading cost/shipping expense) and for the most part CGC is only a good return option for higher grade unrestored keys after all of their price increases.

As I had a full restoration disclosure certificate and professional grade by Matt Nelson, I think most people would prefer to own and hold this beauty in their hands. I already had one CGC book sell on this thread and the buyer said the first thing he is doing is cracking it out of the slab to hold and read it, so I will leave that grading decision to the buyer!

P.S. I am now working with a board member on a pending offer for the JLA #1. :)

^^ Sold! Great deal on a really sweet looking book! Enjoy!

ASM 129 deal is in process.

That Brave & Bold 29 is also still available and a great deal on a hard to find higher grade CGC that rarely comes for sale in that grade or higher!

Please let me know by Sunday evening if you are interested.