• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ex Machina #1

10 posts in this topic

This is precisely the type of book which keeps me coming to the LCS every Wednesday. Great premise, top-notch talent (Brian K. Vaughan, Tony Harris) and wonderful execution. And that last page...just terrific stuff.

ETA:

pic_lrgexmach1cvr.jpg

Ditto for me as well. Was it just me or were they sold out everywhere. My LCS opened at 10AM and I was there by 11:30AM and picked up the last copy. I went to another store to see if I could find a better one and once again, picked up the last copy. Maybe I should just consider myself lucky. angel.gif

Looking forward to this one! I didn't make it to my shop yesterday. Hopefully, they will have some left-over. They may have even pulled one for me as they know how much I like "Y". 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I read this book in the LCS today based on this thread. Two reasons I can't buy it.

1. It's published by Wildstorm. I can't do business with a company that as a practice refuses to publish any of their books on anything resembling a regular schedule.

2. It was boring. I literally was falling asleep on the sofa in the LCS trying to force my way through it. In my wildest imagination I can't see this book going anywhere I even remotely care about. Some guy that can talk to machines. Pretty heavy concept there. foreheadslap.gif