• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anybody notice any funky corners on thier recent CGC SS cases?

10 posts in this topic

o 101_2685.jpg[/img]

I've recently received a dozen or so books back from CGC and most of them have what appears to be either a small bit of melted plastic or glue near the corners, especially near the bottom?

Anyone esle experience this or know what it is?

101_2684.jpg[/img]

Thanks for any help,

-Phil

Thanks for the responses...

Recently sold one of these books...

Buyer not completely happy, thinks I (or someone) may have tried to re-glue the corners.

CGC and I are the only ones who ever held the books...

So, I assured him I did not, and offered a partial refund to re-holder ($17.00) the book if he desires, I'm just a little frustrated right now. It happens rantrant

Thanks for the responses, just curious as to what that stuff is, so I can reassure this buyer and make him a happy camper. Seems like a good guy n' all that. :)

I have had slabs in the past with OLD labels from at least 2003 that have had that look in the corners as well. I actually spoke to Borock about the one in 2004 to verify that the books wasn't cracked and switched. The graders notes matched up the book perfectly.