• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your oldest SS Book

57 posts in this topic

I haven't seen a Hulk signed by Byrne either, but I'm pretty sure there is a Marvel Team-up 53, a Hulk cover, that's signed by him. It took me a long time to get my X-Men 125, I'm still searching for another SS to go with it.

Beyonder said in that thread that he did a 53. Chances are high it is interior sig.

i own the book now, it is interior sig

I haven't seen a Hulk signed by Byrne either, but I'm pretty sure there is a Marvel Team-up 53, a Hulk cover, that's signed by him. It took me a long time to get my X-Men 125, I'm still searching for another SS to go with it.

Beyonder said in that thread that he did a 53. Chances are high it is interior sig.

Yes there was #53 done for sure. I saw it when it originally came back.

Very cool book, being a big Xmen fan, that would be a dream to own. (worship)

damn canadians.... :sorry:

I like how this turned into a John Byrne SS thread lol

He is the most awesome guy that got done and then will maybe never get done again. I am fascinated by that part of SS history. I wish against all wishes that I had been here for it, but I still think it is cool as hell and I give it up to the pioneers who went before us. They took lots of bullets for us in those early days.

I like how this turned into a John Byrne SS thread lol

He is the most awesome guy that got done and then will maybe never get done again. I am fascinated by that part of SS history. I wish against all wishes that I had been here for it, but I still think it is cool as hell and I give it up to the pioneers who went before us. They took lots of bullets for us in those early days.

I've gotta agree...I'm facinated by the John Byrne SS story and how rare his SS books are compaired to others. The quest to own one is what got me into SS books in the first place...now I'm on the hunt for a second one. lol

Honestly, whenever the words Byrne SS come up I'm glued to the thread. It is a definite "foothold" in the lore of the signature series. I'm lucky to have two, and like most everyone else, I would like another one!

Very cool book Sean. And a 9.8 to boot. Interestingly, a lot of the Byrne SS are not extremely high grade (ie. 9.8's) like a lot of the books being done today. I would guess (based on what I have seen and know) that many of the 108 books that were done are VF to NM, with not many of them getting the 9.6 and 9.8 grade. Although the triple signed X-Men #140 was definitely an exception and a great book.

Very cool book Sean. And a 9.8 to boot. Interestingly, a lot of the Byrne SS are not extremely high grade (ie. 9.8's) like a lot of the books being done today. I would guess (based on what I have seen and know) that many of the 108 books that were done are VF to NM, with not many of them getting the 9.6 and 9.8 grade. Although the triple signed X-Men #140 was definitely an exception and a great book.

Thanks Drew. I think the mid grades and the interior sigs are a big part of what makes up the mystique of the Byrne books. I am obsessed.

Thanks Drew. I think the mid grades and the interior sigs are a big part of what makes up the mystique of the Byrne books. I am obsessed.

I have one of Chris' copies of #108 with the interior sig. Not a huge fan of it but it still is a #108 lol

How many Byrne SS books did you end up with?

I have one of Chris' copies of #108 with the interior sig. Not a huge fan of it but it still is a #108 lol

How many Byrne SS books did you end up with?

I bought all six of the Legends books out of that auction last fall. I wanted to pull the trigger in Skinny's gorgeous X-Men book, but didn't have the skrilla at the time. :(

Although the triple signed X-Men #140 was definitely an exception and a great book.

I certainly do love mine :cloud9:

11bt0n5.jpg