• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIGNATURE SERIES GOLDEN AGE

43 posts in this topic

I understand the CGC makes them "certified", but I wouldn’t like to have a book signed by an artist I love which I can no longer browse or read.

My only signed comic books are silver age, 'though: a Fantastic Four #8 by Jack Kirby (actually Roz, I am pretty sure of it, but I was in their house) and a Tales to Astonish with a Nick Fury by Jim Steranko (when he came to Prato in 1992).

They aren’t certified but I am sure they are original, since I was there! :foryou:

I would love, however, to have some day a Cap signed by Jack and Joe Simon.

Timelys are too costly for me, right now. :(

I understand the CGC makes them "certified", but I wouldn’t like to have a book signed by an artist I love which I can no longer browse or read.

My only signed comic books are silver age, 'though: a Fantastic Four #8 by Jack Kirby (actually Roz, I am pretty sure of it, but I was in their house) and a Tales to Astonish with a Nick Fury by Jim Steranko (when he came to Prato in 1992).

They aren’t certified but I am sure they are original, since I was there! :foryou:

I would love, however, to have some day a Cap signed by Jack and Joe Simon.

Timelys are too costly for me, right now. :(

The greatest thing in collecting is personal memories. I am glad you had a chance to meet the artists personally and have this special experience which ultimately binds you more with the books you collect. I'd sure love to see those comics, even though they might not be SS :)

As to your concern that you would no longer be able to browse or read your SS comics, it pretty much comes down to the whole concept of CGC. Most collectors who buy cgc graded comic books do not intend to crack the books out of their holder for xy reasons. This pretty much keeps you from browsing and reading your comics as well.

The only difference is, that with a blue label you can crack the book out of the holder, go through it, resub it if you like and still get the same or similar result as before you removed it from the holder. The very unfortunate thing about SS books is that once you crack the holder, cgc will no longer recognize the signature on it as authentic.