• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Awesome Hulk vs. Wolverine Artwork I've Ever Seen

65 posts in this topic

I like the drawing, but how did Hulk break Wolverine's forearms off to begin with? Aren't his entire skeleton laced with the stuff? The Hulk would have had to have broken the bones off the joints, but the assumption is that the joints would have been inter-locking and joined using the same material.

Great perspective and composition. Heck, it's better than a lot of pro work!

mess!! Did the OP draw that??? :blush:

If he did, I don't want him taking offense to my critique! Iwether I like it or not, it's about 47 billion times better than anything I could do!

I'm not sure even those injuries would kill Wolvie either would they? I think his healing factor would pull him thru even that no?

That's got to have killed him I think. I'm guessing that only adamantium can cut through adamantium and his own claws would've pierced his exoskeleton and into his brain. I don't think he can regenerate from getting skull like that.

If he did, I don't want him taking offense to my critique! Iwether I like it or not, it's about 47 billion times better than anything I could do!

I didn't draw it. I wish I did though because I think it's an awesome piece of artwork. I know some people say Hulk's head/face look wrong, but to me that's pretty minor. To me, this is Hulk at his most badass and violent and I still think it looks cool. It's one of the most memorable Hulk images to me, along with the cover to Hulk #340.

I'm not sure even those injuries would kill Wolvie either would they? I think his healing factor would pull him thru even that no?

That's got to have killed him I think. I'm guessing that only adamantium can cut through adamantium and his own claws would've pierced his exoskeleton and into his brain. I don't think he can regenerate from getting skull like that.

I didn't draw it. I wish I did though because I think it's an awesome piece of artwork. I know people say Hulk's head/face look wrong, but to me that's pretty minor. To me, this is Hulk at his most badass and violent and I still think it looks cool. It's one of the most memorable Hulk images to me, along with the cover to Hulk #340.

Just like when his brain burned completely along with his body, he should regenerate no problem. How, I'm not sure, especially since he has detache body parts but he can do it.

I wanna know why the absorbing man didnt turn to adamantium when wolverine chopped off his arm in secret wars.

Because he could've ruined Wolverines reputation as a badass.

I'm pretty sure he has to decide to absorb and doesn't automatically do it. I know at the end of Avengers 184, they get him in the water and he's swimming away. He doesn't turn to water until Ms Marvel is about to catch him and decides to absorb and become water hm

Makes sense, and Wolvie is Samurai (ninja-like) so crusher would be all "wtf" after the arm was lopped off, and then he'd be all peckin' cause he had the perfect oppportunity, but missed it cause he's a meat-head, which is probably part of the reason why he was in prison because he's too stoopid to not get caught.. :preach:

I wanna know why the absorbing man didnt turn to adamantium when wolverine chopped off his arm in secret wars.

I'm pretty sure he has to decide to absorb and doesn't automatically do it. I know at the end of Avengers 184, they get him in the water and he's swimming away. He doesn't turn to water until Ms Marvel is about to catch him and decides to absorb and become water hm

Makes sense, and Wolvie is Samurai (ninja-like) so crusher would be all "wtf" after the arm was lopped off, and then he'd be all peckin' cause he had the perfect oppportunity, but missed it cause he's a meat-head, which is probably part of the reason why he was in prison because he's too stoopid to not get caught.. :preach:

Can someone translate please? ???

lol

I agree.

lol

(thumbs u

lol

Well, the assumption is that The Absorbing Man has to consciously choose to absorb whatever material, whether it's a solid or inert gas, in order for him to adopt the properties and change his molecular composition, But, Wolverine, having trained as a Samurai, has uncanny speed and reflexes, in which case could have been too fast for The Absorbing Man to realize that his arm had been severed by Wolverine, thereby missing his chance to obsorb the elemental property of Adamantium. And I suspect that The Absorbing Man lacked the mental agility to adapt to an attack by Wolverine, which in it's essence could be an indicator of his general intelligence, further supported by the fact that he was a known criminal with an arrest record.

:)

He's been burned to a skeleton and regenerated.

Which is exactly why I love old school Wolverine and hate the Wolverine of the past 15 or so years. He used to go down with one or two bullets and then heal. Daredevil 196 is a good example of how he should be. He used to at least be vulnerable. Now he can take 50 bullets and not go down. Wolverine Blood Debt is a good example of taking his healing power over the top. He is like a precrisis Superman. I still don't know how they "killed" him in Enemy of the State so they could resurrect him under the influence of the Hand.

Thats kind of lame. So he can't die? Thats what makes superman lame.

Superman is what makes Superman lame! :baiting:

lol

lol you summed up to a tee why I dislike what ahs become of Wolverine and why I have always disliked Superman...well except for Superman II.

I like the drawing, but how did Hulk break Wolverine's forearms off to begin with? Aren't his entire skeleton laced with the stuff? The Hulk would have had to have broken the bones off the joints, but the assumption is that the joints would have been inter-locking and joined using the same material.

No, joints are held together by ligaments and other connective tissue. The bones don't interlock.

If I'm right about what Doc is refering to, I think it was more Garth Ennis being a wacky bastahd/wanker. Maybe Marvel considers those stories Punisher Max now?

"Wolverine: The infamous Wolverine vs Punisher feud. Often written by Garth Ennis, it's more than transparent the man isn't a fan of Wolverine and loves to have Punisher humiliate him. He's had him hang with Wolverine in close quarters, shoot him in the groin, blast off his face, trap him under a construction vehicle, kill him by grappling him into an electric fence, (or was it box?) blow off the lower part of his body, and just flat-out embarrass the character. I shouldn't need to say it, but this writing is popcorn entertainment and very biased. Luck is the only thing that really saved Frank from Wolverine the first time they met in Africa (he hurt his hand punching Logan, kevlar barely protected from a slash and he fell in the river). That's really how it should go at best for him in a random encounter. Frank is amazing for a trained human, but he's not on the level of these characters.

Is he gay?

The issue where Wolverine finds muscle man magazines in Punisher's bag was written as a response to Ennis's fight between the two that left Wolverine trapped under a roller. It was a funny and entertaining fight, but don't take it as anything more. The conclusion was just another joke and a way to turn the tide on Wolverine always being one-upped and made a fool in front of Punisher (not that's there's anything wrong if he actually was gay!). But, that's not the case. It was a joke to finish the issue, silly."