• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

This thing is skyrocketing. It's quite easy to see too, every single day the price goes up on eBay. Last week you could get the 1:10 for $10-15, today it's no less than $25.

Time to buy every copy I can get my hands on assuming my LCSs didn't already sell their entire stock to other boardies who are already doing the same :)

Edited by roastedbagel

Got 30 on way to CGC as we speak.

As Branget says - 'if in,go all in".

I wonder what the market will be like in November.....

Fast tracked? If not, November is probably a fast estimate considering how behind cgc is. :pullhair: I sent some Saga #1's in non-fast tracked beginning of July. I'm expecting those sometime in October I hope. :wishluck:

The new Image titles lately have been very quick to jump, then they fade, then seem to find a settling place. Saga is the only one that I've seen lately that's had a constant sustained increase in price since release and even that has moved around a bit. Mind the Gap is all over the place and is at a low point IMO due to the printing nonsense. Hopefully next week when that awesome variant cover comes out, some interest will peak again.

Who knows. Hopefully they hold value cause I also have 30+ issues :)

They are being walked in and I will be told the wait period for each method then.

October for fast-track - sheeite!

These guys need another office - yesterday.

Picked up a Cover B at my LCS for 10 bucks. Looks to be in NM condition, but me being a newbie I could be wrong. The 3 copies of cover A I picked up a few weeks look really nice too. Though a lot of the cover As at the shop had bad wraps =/

Got a Cover A and Cover B(variant) in the mail today. Both with 45 degree bends in them.

Was that from a comic shop or seller?

Comic shop that sells online. Poor packing 2 pieces of cut up flat rate box was only packing. Said theyll take it back and refund me. Will see. 2nd comic shop I have bought from in the last 2 weeks that got comics bent in mail due to just a lack of decent packing. I sent both back will see what happens. Its one thing if they get corner dinged and you made the effort to pack it well. Its quite another when they get their spines busted or bent at almost 45 degrees from lack of packing.

fast track is still approx. 10 working days...he said he sent his NON fast track...just to clarify. If you send them in now you should get them by mid August.

Cheers mate - had misread that!

My thought process: Fast track if you want to flip, Regular if you are in for the long haul. But the wait times are just so frustratingly long for regular submissions, it's so tempting to just pay the extra $10.

My thought process: Fast track if you want to flip, Regular if you are in for the long haul. But the wait times are just so frustratingly long for regular submissions, it's so tempting to just pay the extra $10.

Trouble is HR - if you are going to flip this quick,the extra $10 is a big addition.

The variant is going for $40, but by the time you have bought the comic,fast-tracked, included postage and listing fees,its going to take that $40 to break even.

For me (and me only - I would not dare presume to speak for you) - I am happy to wait, minimise costs and pray #2 - #4 are rippers and then list my 9.8 slabs accordingly.

Assuming they come back 9.8!

I do agree the extra $10 is a major factor in cost, but being first or one of the first to list a cgc graded issue brings a large premium sometimes. Look at the Saga RRP. First couple 9.8's sold on ebay for $600+. Now there's like 6 on ebay and no one is even taking a BIN for $380. For the extra $10, your profits can be huge. It's all opinion based on where you think the comic will be in 3 months vs 3 weeks since that's the difference in turnaround time.

EDIT: And the more books you submit brings down the avg cost due to shipping savings.

EDIT 2: You can also get burned (like I did) by fast tracking MTG's and not putting them up quick enough. The extra $10 on those killed me. :(

Edited by HugeRosen

Fair comments - though I have to say you should not beat yourself up about MTG.

The writer and artist didn't help much with their work ethic really did they?

I think that for myself, I have to be 100% sure in my own mind that any comic I am going to speculate on must have a period of interest to the general public for at least 6 - 12 months, or be backed up by solid TV/Film interest.

We both agree,if I remember correctly that we think Saga, Peter Panzerfaust,Poyo 1-shots and Revival are going to be steady risers for the immediate future, maybe longer if the comics continue to be of a high standard.

The BBC TV series has,of course, guaranteed interest in PP until it is on TV.

My "sleepers", if you will, are "The Red Star" as the movie sounds bloooody awesome and Robots V Zombies as there are 2 movies in production based on this story.

Unfortunately I am unable to find many #1 copies - the print run wasn't big IIRC.

Any others on your horizon?